potatohead's Content

There have been 47 items by potatohead (Search limited from 20-November 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#927894 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Addled adjustments

Posted by potatohead on 16 November 2017 - 01:45 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Lee, heard a very good discussion regarding the Eurodollar market and history/use of commercial bank accounting to create more liquidity (off balance sheet) in addition to what the Central banks have created over the last 30-40 years. You are probably one of the best at monetary liquidity analysis. Obviously 2008 was the moment of truth for all this leverage and off balance sheet activity, however, does this commercial bank activity still have to be accounted for when determining liquidity creation or has the entire liquidity creation process moved over to the central banks since 2008?

It is a 4 part series from Macrovoices This is part 4.

Jeffrey Snider: Eurodollar University Part 4

#927866 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Victimless viaduct

Posted by potatohead on 14 November 2017 - 02:49 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

excellent gold piece. Very balanced. The interesting part on gold is that I have been seeing sentiment just completely gone from this market. Many investors are preparing for a drop from here. The retail investor has been selling for the most part of this year. Chasing real estate, stocks, crypto currency, etc. Gold Dealers and Wholesalers have had very high levels of inventory from client selling. Even as prices have been rising. Being told from a number of dealers physical demand is down 50-70% from last year. (One reason we have been seeing consolidation among dealers in this space) New coin sales are at the same levels as 2010, very similar to your 2009 4 year cycle lows. I would think the biggest surprise from here would be a climbing of the "wall of worry". Investors continue to not trust the rally and sell into it. That is normally an earmark of the bull trying to shake out as many as possible. Talking to bigger dealers, they are hoping for a decline which may bring in more buyers. I get the sense the worst possible outcome for the industry would be more grinding action, neither up or down. Like trying to sail without any wind. Most gold programs would begin to fail at that point because their business model which is dependent on transactions is slowly starving them. 

#927863 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Victimless viaduct

Posted by potatohead on 14 November 2017 - 11:50 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Funny pic.......

DOhzZKVV4AI6gNQ.jpg

#927862 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Victimless viaduct

Posted by potatohead on 14 November 2017 - 11:24 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Lee, Appreciate your feedback on the Fed reduction of balance sheet. I have followed you on Sure Money  since day 1. Your analysis and insight are excellent.

#927851 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Toned-down tempo

Posted by potatohead on 13 November 2017 - 04:53 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Fed still buying some MBS. Just less than before. They're cutting $4B a month in purchases. That will rise to $20 B a month over the next year. Which will leave virtually no purchases at all. 

So if I understand this correctly, their reduction of the balance sheet/liquidity is really a slow motion slight of hand trick. Just like raising interest rates.  They are still adding liquidity but at a reducing rate over time?

#927824 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Reckless review

Posted by potatohead on 09 November 2017 - 12:49 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Lee, thoughts on the following article

Treasury's Surprise Debt-Maturity Move Eases Sting of Fed Unwind

https://www.bloomber...g-of-fed-unwind

#927823 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Reckless review

Posted by potatohead on 09 November 2017 - 12:14 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Day after Bitcoin has big shooting star (candlestick). Nikkei follows last night. Japan was one of the first countries to legalize bitcoin as tender for payments. Maybe a coincidence or not. Found it interesting.

#927785 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Negotiable non-event

Posted by potatohead on 06 November 2017 - 12:23 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

This is insane...........

DN78JO5WsAEcWv-.jpg:large

#927702 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Fussy fiddling

Posted by potatohead on 27 October 2017 - 02:57 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

You guys are such downers!

:lol:

Coming from the guy who may have just coined the term "Super Crash"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#927670 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Desultory deployment

Posted by potatohead on 25 October 2017 - 11:52 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

My argument has been just the opposite. Bear markets in both. 

I think you are spot on. That would be the biggest surprise and the least expected event for most investors.

This is a great article as well from Doug Kass.

http://www.realclear...ass_102944.html

Coincides with Lee's analysis of the liquidity being pulled from the system.

This sets up for a perfect storm.

#927667 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Desultory deployment

Posted by potatohead on 25 October 2017 - 11:22 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

So much for the Bull argument that if yields rise, so will stock prices.....

#927637 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Anaemic ascents

Posted by potatohead on 20 October 2017 - 02:42 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

http://suremoneyinvestor.com/

The last 3-4 posts should be interesting to everyone here. All 3 of us. :lol:

Also https://moneymorning...t-fed-chair-is/

Excellent article Lee! https://moneymorning...liquidity-hack/

#927573 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Squeamish spluttering

Posted by potatohead on 13 October 2017 - 03:59 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Anyone seen PCG stock?,  PG&E Corporation

#927550 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Quizzical quirkiness

Posted by potatohead on 11 October 2017 - 10:20 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Funny I got the following at about 1 am. I think the gmail account makes it look much more official. :lol:

OFFICE OF DIRECTOR OF PAYMENT UNITED NATIONS.

UNITED NATIONS PAYMENT OFFICE, JAKARTA INDONESIA.

Attention,

I am Mark Anderson, International Director of Payment United Nations payment office Jakarta Indonesia under the instruction of United Nations Secretary-General  Antonio Guterres . I decided to contact you because of the prevailing security report reaching my office and the intense nature of policy in Government. This is to inform you about our plan to send your fund to you via cash delivery. This system will be easier for you and for us. We are going to send your contract part payment of US5.2 Million to you via diplomatic courier service.

Note: The money is coming in two security proof boxes. The boxes are sealed with synthetic nylon seal and padded with machine. This fund was brought to us from America; it was meant for our Local AFEM market. But since the money was not used, I will use my position as the , International Director of Payment United Nations payment office Jakarta Indonesia to send this fund to you. The boxes are coming with a Diplomatic agent who will accompany the boxes to your house address. All you need to do now is to send to me

Full Name: .........

Tel/Fax: ............

Physical Address with Zip Code:

Your Occupation:

Sex/Age:

Private Email:

Home Equity (Yes/No):

Your identity such as, international passport or driver license...........

The Diplomat attached will travel with it. He will call you immediately he arrives your airport. I hope you understand me. I will let you know by the special grace of God when the boxes are airlifted.  Note: The diplomatic does not know the original contents of the boxes. What l declared to them as the contents is Sensitive Photographic Film Material. I did not declare money to them please. If they call you and ask you the contents please tell them the same thing Ok, I will let you know how far I have gone with the arrangement. I will secure the Diplomatic immunity clearance certificate that will be tagged on the boxes to make it stand as a diplomatic consignment. This clearance will make it pass every custom checkpoint all over the world without hitch. Confirm the receipt of this message and send the requirements to me immediately you receive this message. If you need more information about this, I will give you the details how to contact the diplomat for more information on ho w to carry out the plan.<

I need you response because the boxes are schedule to leave as soon as we hear from you. Reply me immediately you receive this message via Email ( ma9419915@gmail.com ) Call me on my direct PH/FAX: ( +62-815-4613-5965)

Best Regards,

Mark Anderson.

#927496 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Laminated liabilities

Posted by potatohead on 04 October 2017 - 11:46 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Lee,

With the Fed announcing their balance sheet reduction plan, What do you think the Fed's plans are for interest paid on excess reserves held at the Fed? Do see that program or at least the interest being reduced or eliminated? Seems as long as they pay interest, that is a form of QE. I would think those reserves would be the capital to invest in Treasuries since the Fed is backing away.

#927478 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Joyful jogging

Posted by potatohead on 02 October 2017 - 04:15 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

A great interview with Mark Yusko

#927402 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Canny camouflage

Posted by potatohead on 21 September 2017 - 10:52 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

quick summary of building the Fed's balance sheet

Building-the-Fed-Balance-Sheet-1024x713.

#927388 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Bleak blips

Posted by potatohead on 20 September 2017 - 03:14 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

at a rate of $10 bill a month....would take 30 years to get the balance sheet to pre crisis levels

#927379 World Stock Markets Trading Discussions - Abstemious acquisitions

Posted by potatohead on 19 September 2017 - 02:36 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

They're working on coming up with more euphemisms for "tightening."

How about these alternatives:

strangle

screw

squeeze

crush

#927331 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Speculative spasms

Posted by potatohead on 12 September 2017 - 02:41 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

excellent interview with Luke Gromen

The biggest mean reversion in 50+ years is underway!

#927328 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Speculative spasms

Posted by potatohead on 12 September 2017 - 10:19 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

"Been that sort of week.. floods in SE Asia, earthquake in Mexico, torrential rain in Italy... to be honest I think it's gonna be hard to get insurance anywhere on the planet over time.."

Makes a person wonder How anyone can Honestly insure multiple/massive asset bubbles?

In a normal world you are spot on. However, in the land of make believe central banks protect us from everything.....

#927248 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Incoming iceberg

Posted by potatohead on 31 August 2017 - 03:28 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

In Idaho gas prices jumped 20-25 cents a gallon since last week. We did not even have a drop of rain. Talk about a scam.......

#927072 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Ornamental ossification

Posted by potatohead on 08 August 2017 - 03:03 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

The rare Empire State Building pattern.  https://twitter.com/...994921781952512

That looks like an everyday gold or silver chart...... :blink2:

#927070 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Ornamental ossification

Posted by potatohead on 08 August 2017 - 02:50 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Of interest to Lee perhaps. The NY Times lays out the official narrative of the debt ceiling. Of note is the probability that the ceiling will not be raised soon as the Treasury starts to "prioritize" payments.   Good for the markets, bye bye constitution.

https://www.nytimes....ef=opinion&_r=1

The 10% decline of the dollar this year has wiped out a comparable 4-5 years of interest income for foreign investors (if they were not hedged). Why would Treasuries and US dollars be considered a store of value, if the Treasury goes into default?

#926969 World Stock Market Trading Discussion - Eerie elevation

Posted by potatohead on 26 July 2017 - 02:04 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

My prediction for the market reaction to the announcement is that the market will fluctuate. 

based on the ever dropping volatility readings that is saying a lot.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart