Billionaire Soros takes on Bush

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 05:18 PM

. . . . . . . . . . Posted Image
. . . . . . . . . . .www.soros.md[/color]

NEW YORK, Nov. 11 — George Soros, one of the world’s richest men, has given away nearly $5 billion to promote democracy in the former Soviet bloc, Africa and Asia. Now he has a new project: defeating President Bush . . .

#2 machinehead

machinehead

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:56 PM

Kinda reminds me of Ross Perot, who harbored a deep-seated aversion to Bush I and decided to do something about it by running for president on a third-party ticket in 1992.

At a moment when victory appeared within reach, Perot withdrew from the race, saying that threats had been made against his daughter's wedding party. :blink:

Let's hope that Mr. Soros doesn't fold so easily. He's taking on both the Carlyle cartel and also the Cali cartel, with his funding of a drug legalization campaign. (Of course, the Carlyle and Cali cartels may be one and the same for all we know, and the Bin Ladins were early investors too.)
"GOLD -- it's not just for misers anymore."

"Dollahs -- fire-starters for the K-wave winter." - Drano

"Three humps and a dump." - anotherone, 21 SEP 2004

"No gold was harmed in the making of this movie." - Bizarro Greenspan

[i]"Da Track. Da place where Morons bet on Animals Controlled by Criminals."
- our jickiss

#3 threadbare

threadbare

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 09:17 PM

I always wondered how he managed to reconcile his business practices with his philanthropic activities. He explained it amazingly well, much to my surprise, on Bill Moyers a couple of months ago.

He may be biting off more than he can chew by going to war with the drug cartels too. So I offer him this part of a poem. It's Remembrance Day, after all. And to all of those who fight with sword, gun, pen and keyboard, creeping fascism.

In Drug Launderer's Fields

Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you from failing hands, we throw the torch
Be your's to hold it high. :wink2:

If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep,
Though poppies grow
in Afghani fields.

#4 Hiding Bear

Hiding Bear

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:19 PM

Multi-millionaire, ex-NYSE chief "cueball" Grasso was also mixed up in the Cali drug cartel somehow. His exploits in South Amercia received little media attention. I took it as a tipoff he couldn't be trusted, and he couldn't, but that didn't stop him from making off with over $100 million.

Soros must either believe in his convictions and/or see that there will be a chance to knock out Bush II from the presidency. With new actions against Syria, plus maybe some surpises in Saudi Arbaia, the election year may be very interesting with a replay of the flag-waving, anti-terrorism, themes re-emerging from the White House.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 12:11 PM

The Bubble of American Supremacy

A prominent financier argues that the heedless assertion of American power in the world resembles a financial bubble—and the moment of truth may be here

BY GEORGE SOROS

. . . Exploiting an event to further an agenda is not in itself reprehensible. It is the task of the President to provide leadership, and it is only natural for politicians to exploit or manipulate events so as to promote their policies. The cause for concern lies in the policies that Bush is promoting, and in the way he is going about imposing them on the United States and the world. He is leading us in a very dangerous direction . . .

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart