IDS World Markets Mon 16th November 09

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was that when your daughter's team were - what? - state champs? National champs? I can't remember.

Do you think she'll get a softball scholarship for college?

We took it in 2008... State Champs. She took the Summer off this year but played in the Surf City Showcase three weeks ago. Uiiv. of San Diego, UC San Diego, Loyola Marymount and Auburn all expressed interest. It keeps getting earlier and earlier...she's only a Sophmore this year.

post-1129-1258398319_thumb.jpg

A BMW produced in Germany or a Lexus produced in Japan has to cost more (inflation) in the US based on the dollar weakness unless the manufacturer gets a subsidy from some government or they accept lower profits in their own countries due to currency conversion. Where is this logic wrong?

They hedge their currency exposure so that they can keep selling their goods regardless of currency fluctuations.

All right - back in the driver's seat, but looks like the car is out of control.

What on earth did Ben say today?

First article I see:

Bernanke: No Obvious Asset Bubbles In US Now

Last update: 11/16/2009 1:41:48 PM

By Michael S. Derby Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Monday the issue of asset market bubbles remains one of the biggest challenges facing policy makers, though he added he does not see anything in the U.S. markets right now that concerns him. "It's extraordinarily difficult to tell, but it's not obvious to me ... there are any large misalignments currently in the U.S. financial system," Bernanke said.

How reassuring! "There are no bubbles now, but they're also very difficult to see."

Boy I'm glad he's Fed chairman. <_<

I'd hate for another bubble to appear that no one saw coming.

post-4028-1258398898.jpg

We took it in 2008... State Champs. She took the Summer off this year but played in the Surf City Showcase three weeks ago. Uiiv. of San Diego, UC San Diego, Loyola Marymount and Auburn all expressed interest. It keeps getting earlier and earlier...she's only a Sophmore this year.

Bully for her!

Archived