Blue Light Special

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hate to ask, but how much have you lost on the house. Can you dump it and get out whole, or nearly whole? Why not cut your loss? Still cheaper to rent than own there, right?

Speaking about cheaper to rent than to own... while I was looking for a house on Maui (renting, of course), the rule of thumb seems to be thus: long-term rent right now is roughly $1300-1500/mo per $500,000 in "value" of the property. Talk about a crappy rental investment! ("Hmm, let's see: $1500/month rent or $4000/month mortgage plus property taxes and maintenance. Tough call!") Why anyone would buy into this market is beyond me.

Speaking about cheaper to rent than to own... while I was looking for a house on Maui (renting, of course), the rule of thumb seems to be thus: long-term rent right now is roughly $1300-1500/mo per $500,000 in "value" of the property. Talk about a crappy rental investment! ("Hmm, let's see: $1500/month rent or $4000/month mortgage plus property taxes and maintenance. Tough call!") Why anyone would buy into this market is beyond me.

In most cases,it is far cheaper to OWN in Las Vegas then to rent.

Not many major cities can say that...If any.

Archived