Will CIT be another PIR or C

I was thinking the same thing earlier today - I am at a loss as to what driver would cause this market to fall. Certainly there is plenty of geopolitical shat (Iran, N. Korea, Venezuela, etc...) going on that could kill it but that is a waiting game. The $DX could collapse but don't see that happening either (simple slow fall). This is the tough part of the market with no real direction in the fraudexes and you must be in "the know" to pick the "right" stocks at the right time. Personally I am sick of this market but will adjust my trading and be a scalper along with all the other HFT sparc stations.

I agree that we won't see any material drop until early next year (early January). :wacko:

I'm thinking a currency dislocation would be the only thing but it would have to be nasty.....earnings estimates are still too low to spit out warnings......

I think someone mentioned it in IDS ....the markets are too psycho to go long or short for anything other than a swing trade right now...when long you know the floor can drop out at any time and when short ...those one second power ticks are intra day warning signs that you are essentially powerless...

bears worst nightmare is a big dollar rally and the market rise...I bet crapvision already has their talking points....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
potential reasons for a fall?

this one's really out there

Is Obama planning a big announcement November 17th about aliens and UFOs? An unidentified man believes so and let's a filmmaker know about it.

http://www.bignews.biz/?id=820198&keys...liens-ufos-syfy

Four hundred years after it locked up Galileo for challenging the view that the Earth was the center of the universe, the Vatican has called in experts to study the possibility of extraterrestrial alien life and its implication for the Catholic Church.

AP News in Brief

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...dg2BDAD9BSV8L02

Funny, like I said anything is possible. :unsure:

Discovery channel had a pretty good UFO/Area 51 story on this guy :ninja: - Bob Lazar

.........Shhhhhhhh

Fed officials warn weak recovery won't spur jobs

Fed officials warn of long road ahead to turn around jobs market, commercial real estate

The cautionary note struck by the presidents of regional Fed banks were the first public remarks by Fed officials since the government reported last week that the nation's jobless rate bolted to 10.2 percent in October. It marked only the second time in the post-World War II period that the rate surpassed 10 percent.

In separate speeches, Janet Yellen, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and Dennis Lockhart, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, warned that rising unemployment could crimp consumers, restraining the recovery. Consumer spending accounts for about 70 percent of economic activity.

"With such a slow rebound, unemployment could well stay high for several years to come," Yellen said. "In other words, our recovery is likely to feel like something well short of good times."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Fed-official...set=&ccode=

Your posts tonite are a tour de force. A bear capitulation, the question of what could stop this mindless train, a perceptive sketch of the bull case, and finding the answer to your earlier question. Very nice. ;) :D

Your posts tonite are a tour de force. A bear capitulation, the question of what could stop this mindless train, a perceptive sketch of the bull case, and finding the answer to your earlier question. Very nice. ;) :D

lol.....as for capitulation...that happened last week... gold breaking out and the carry trade growing a couple of extra heads with an endorsement from the G strap 20 is enough warning for me to get out of the way....

we have all this seasonal sheet and holidays coming up...can't wait for the devil channel to call for a santa claus rally and the january effect after a near double off the lows in a few weeks....

Ahhh...forget news. Just stick with price brotha. The more you try to reason with this shit, the more insane you'll be....

Guess the hackers who watch 60 minutes decided to revisit Brazil's power grid.

Brazil Cities in Darkness due to Power Outage

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbOLlNtRcQA.swf

Yes, interesting. I saw the story earlier of Sao Paolo and Rio being without power, 18 million folks in the dark in a large city. I wondered if this was one of those outlier events that are the start of something. Many times I've thought that the market game would end with the whimper of a power blackout, to be fixed in a few hours, then a couple of days, and then etc., allowing only the first responders and the power elite access to the available emergency grid.

Yes, interesting. I saw the story earlier of Sao Paolo and Rio being without power, 18 million folks in the dark in a large city. I wondered if this was one of those outlier events that are the start of something. Many times I've thought that the market game would end with the whimper of a power blackout, to be fixed in a few hours, then a couple of days, and then etc., allowing only the first responders and the power elite access to the available emergency grid.

Yep, here is the Senate bill sponsored by John Rockefeller to ensure the Gov't can take any and all measures to control the Internet.

Cybersecurity Act of 2009

lol.....as for capitulation...that happened last week... gold breaking out and the carry trade growing a couple of extra heads with an endorsement from the G strap 20 is enough warning for me to get out of the way....

we have all this seasonal sheet and holidays coming up...can't wait for the devil channel to call for a santa claus rally and the january effect after a near double off the lows in a few weeks....

It seems to me that the absurdity will stop with prick of one bubble rationalization or another. It could be Doc's liquidity drain as the Fed gets it's tit in a ringer of no resort, or an exogenous event of which we have a multiplicity, or... I think, it will be the 3rd level POR that the consumer is actually in a damaged submarine at the bottom of the sea it was sunk in and running out of oxygen. I bet the bottom will form when the market reacts positively to measures emplemented to rescue the 3 remaining survivor consumers.

Ahhh...forget news. Just stick with price brotha. The more you try to reason with this shit, the more insane you'll be....

Yeah, I know that's the right thing to do for trading, but I haven't had my big mojo for daytrading since the first of the year. Too much going on for me behind the screen to have that focus. I'm just swing trading, time enough I hope to be right enough. Being in the zone is big fun and you have been for weeks. Stay focused and clear and we'll all profit from you. :lol:

Archived