IDS World Markets Wed 4th November 09

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it was long calls, short cash. Something change?

Synthetic long put, no?

I was short cash, took profits then flipped long calls last week. Did not have both open at the same time.

Still short individual stocks such as Amzn though and plan to sit out any pop this week.

Still intend to hold core gold position here for a potential run to $1200+. Won't get too clever trading it as the danger is missing the move which often comes too fast to catch. I will let the Elliott wavers top call all the way up. I see Bob P is still at it below. He has either kept his subscribers out of gold all the way up or had them shorting it as it has climbed for the past 7 yrs. Unbelievable. These guys are unembarrassable.

edit:when gold was $258, he was calling for it to go to $150, then he has the cheek to make that statement below.

****************************************************************************************

http://www.elliottwave.com/freeupdates/arc...se.aspx?code=cg

'To summarize the picture: Since 1913, the purchasing power of the dollar has fallen 96%. To match that loss, gold should be up 25 times from its pre-1934 fixed value of $20.67.

It's not. It's up 50-times. On this basis, gold is 50% overvalued.

In Bob Prechter?€™s own words:

"A gold buyer today must be really convinced that inflation is going to take off in order to justify buying at today's prices. Of course, buyers today are convinced that inflation will rage, just as they were convinced that inflation was no threat at all back when gold was at $253.?€?

Bob goes on to reveal a major development in the relationship between gold and silver prices, AND a possible game-changing event in the current price chart of gold-mining shares. '

It worked for me at 1051 and 1061, covered at 1028.

This time i'm not going to play it.

The smartest, richest man I know told a group two years ago he wasn't trading gold any more, just buy bullion and store it in a safe place. I heard him answer a question Saturday and say that 41% of his assests were in gold bullion.

Possibility we could be forming a H+S on the silver daily chart. Will keep an eye on this. For now its moving up in tandem with gold.

Edit. For some reason, charts won't upload?

I can't upload my precious metals report either. Webhost informs me that this is a server wide issue. They are getting a disk full error, and promise to have it fixed within 10 minutes.

I call bullshit. :angry:

$81b in notes and bonds up for sale next week.

It doesn't look like a lot, and I'm not sure how much of that is new supply, but who is going to be buying $16b in 30 year and $25b in 10yr? Especially the 30yr, who wants to go that far out knowing rates can't possibly stay this low? Anybody buying this stuff is going to get creamed.

The smartest, richest man I know told a group two years ago he wasn't trading gold any more, just buy bullion and store it in a safe place. I heard him answer a question Saturday and say that 41% of his assests were in gold bullion.

And his name is...?

Still intend to hold core gold position here for a potential run to $1200+. Won't get too clever trading it as the danger is missing the move which often comes too fast to catch. I will let the Elliott wavers top call all the way up. I see Bob P is still at it below. He has either kept his subscribers out of gold all the way up or had them shorting it as it has climbed for the past 7 yrs. Unbelievable. These guys are unembarrassable.

edit:when gold was $258, he was calling for it to go to $150, then he has the cheek to make that statement below.

****************************************************************************************

http://www.elliottwave.com/freeupdates/arc...se.aspx?code=cg

'To summarize the picture: Since 1913, the purchasing power of the dollar has fallen 96%. To match that loss, gold should be up 25 times from its pre-1934 fixed value of $20.67.

It's not. It's up 50-times. On this basis, gold is 50% overvalued.

In Bob Prechter⦣8364;™s own words:

"A gold buyer today must be really convinced that inflation is going to take off in order to justify buying at today's prices. Of course, buyers today are convinced that inflation will rage, just as they were convinced that inflation was no threat at all back when gold was at $253.⦣8364;?

Bob goes on to reveal a major development in the relationship between gold and silver prices, AND a possible game-changing event in the current price chart of gold-mining shares. '

It really is amazing, Prechter called the crash of 1987 and is still bearish. His followers have gone broke many times since then. :lol:

Archived