Dip Buyers Anonymous

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of the better quality MMFs have a good bit of T-Bills. Maybe the Fed wants to reverse-repo the crap to the MMFs at a slightly higher yield than T-Bills. So the MMFs dump tbills and buy Fed crap. FCBs will happily buy the Tbills from MMFs. Banks will buy longer term Treasuries. Some plan like that afoot?

I don't understand your reasoning. Are you suggesting that the Fed would default? If the MMfs are taking MBS collateral for a guaranteed loan to the Fed, where's the risk? Why would they buy more MBS?

Man, this arvo I was almost shook out of a bit of QID that I picked up on Monday but I chose not to chase it. As of this evening, I'm lookin' like a real genius..

2003-january-charlie-chuck.jpg

Right now, I have almost no confidence in the overall market direction. It looks like a clean and greasy slide down from here, but Crapvision has turned disturbingly bearish. I'm playing it touch and go ....

Best of luck to all...

Cramit spent the first half hour of Burnt Money on his smart phone internet tsunami play"...Apple..RIMM. and Palm last night.......

Wonder what today's excuse will be..though he did say.."you better "hope" RIMM goes down"......sure....what person goes home "hoping to get a 12 dollar haircut after hours....their Q and conference call smells ....

got called in to teach again today and held shorts I likely would have pitched early and lucked out. One of them was AEM . I know a lot are gold bugs here but when physical gold hit 1020 and stocks were lagging their peaks from the past two run's it was a technical play. Something didn't feel right.

I think being short will be right for a few more days....don't know what it was about last Thursday that got me bearish but after a few more days of pigmen flipping mass quantities of "price targets" at the masses every morning it reeked of a top....

The crooks did a wonderful job of disguising a lot of damage today...

4Q right up into what should be major resistance, am expecting retrace at least to first support area, and if the 72 MA gives way, very likely we will eventually see 200 MA.

Should we get down to that 200 MA, and then it fails to hold after a bounce, then some serious longer term S could hit the fan. In the mean time, as long as we hold the 200 MA, this could drag out for quite some time. See the weekly comparison of the Dow 29 bubble and aftermath compared to weekly NDX...pretty spooky echo pattern so far...are we at the '38 top?

Just a few thoughts.

Last night was a better than usual opportunity to check out the Wall St ivory tower mentality

vis a vis the Kudlow show. I thought for sure they would discuss what seemed the only rational

conclusion after decoding the Fed announcement yesterday: Mission Accomplished, we defeated the

Near-Depression, the Economy is Stable and Growing, you're soon to be own your own without a net. :closedeyes:

But lo and behold, not one of the 4 panelists had A CLUE as to why Mr Market did a 170 point reversal late in the trading

day after aligning for themselves the Fed tea leaves. From this, I'm thinking the Elite (and long investors)

seem to believe their Uncle Sam will be there and provide all, including success in the stock market. :wacko:

Helo Ben's primary secret mission -- NOT to have the economy devolve into his lifetime nemesis The Great Depression

Redux -- has vindicated himself, and will hence forth appear with in a comander's jacket, epaulettes and a flourish of

decorations on his lapels. He is thinking of borrowing Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner, but instead will likely opt

for something more glorious: "WE SAVED THE WORLD!" :rolleyes:

So he is off the hook, and if the US economy, drunken crackhead that it is, falls off its wagon again, then it won't be his fault.

Meanwhile, politically and perhaps in real terms, Ben faces another nemesis -- his own dang self! :ninja:

So busy was he, to avoid the Great Depression, he's now facing the prospect of going down in history instead, as the

only Fed Head in history to SLAY THE DOLLAR!

A warning shot was fired across Admiral Bernanke's bow today by the Chinese and other Asians threatening a new world

reserve currency due to Bernanke's drunken crackhead dollar debasing depravity.

What's a Fed Head to do!?!?!?

Its becoming quickly apparent that Admiral Bernanke cannot save everyone. :unsure: :rolleyes:

KWave, the Summation Index diverged for an entire year before the SPX finally rolled over.

Not saying it's gonna happen this time, though. But considering Breadth is still also rising, I wouldn't be surprised to see higher highs after a dip.

Not a prediction. Have to take it day by day.

post-1762-1253833250_thumb.png

post-1762-1253833262_thumb.png

Archived