IDS World Markets Tues 15th September 09

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=^AORD

I'll put in my 10c worth re direction. I don't see a major correction coming but rather a consolidation, possibly a long and boring one...

In the meantime speaking of boring, All Ords did one of its drift-downs closing +0.2% with most sectors having little in the way of gains or losses. Consumer Discretionary finished +1.6%, REITS +1.2% and on the downside, Telecomms -3.8%, Gold -1.1% and Financials -0.1%.

Assorted gains in Asia: China +0.5%, Honkers closed, India +1.1% and Nikkers +0.2%.

On to UK/Europe:

Footsie

image;size=239x110

DAX

image;size=239x110

CAC 40

image;size=239x110

N.Z. Manufacturing Sales Rise 1.8%

Sept. 15 (Bloomberg) -- New Zealand manufacturing sales volumes rose for the first time in six quarters, led by the dairy and meat industries.

Sales adjusted to remove inflation gained 1.8 percent from the first quarter, when they were unchanged, Statistics New Zealand said in a statement in Wellington today. Excluding meat and dairy, manufacturing shrank 2.8 percent, the agency said.

Europe’s Two-Speed Economy Complicates ECB’s Job

Sept. 15 (Bloomberg) -- Europe’s economies are rebounding at different speeds, complicating the European Central Bank’s efforts to put the region back on a more stable footing.

Even as the global economy recovers and Germany and France return to growth, the European Commission yesterday cut its forecasts for Spain and Italy. Deutsche Bank AG says some of the economies that were once motors of growth and job creation across the 16-nation bloc may stay mired in recession next year.

The risk is that a recovery in the largest euro nations will prompt the ECB to tighten policy before smaller countries like Spain or Ireland are ready, hobbling economies already struggling with slumping house prices and surging unemployment. That will make it harder for governments and consumers to pay interest on their mounting debt, potentially pushing their borrowing costs higher.

And the world awaits with bated breath for - Retail Sales. Ahahaha- yes indeed - do you really need to be in such suspense? If anyone with half a brain has not understood the state of the consumer's finances - well...

In other news I saw something go by about e-trade - had revenues , had earnings, .. had writeoffs about as large as their revenues. I no longer have the energy to rant about this stuff - just a wry smile.

A certain Judge Rakoff - maybe the only honest person in the larger government left? So freaking sad.

Archived