Market Awash in Sea of Red

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

just in case you lost track,

there is one way that you can improve yourselves, and rise above the Herd.

and, HooHa, this is Freeeeeee!

ok, jick, tell us, we can't wait......Easy, Good Manners!

always maintain Good Manners!

your jickiss says Good Manners will make all the difference.

Practice Good Manners.

Raise yourselves up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...ove-throat.html

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swordfish-

what up with Chartsedge, are they at all predictive beyond the average?

He posts his stuff on another trading site I frequent. Sometimes his charts are predictive. He does one for each day,too, and sometimes he nails the intraday trend and turns. However, sometimes he is completely off or the charts are inverted. He does some interesting stuff and the methods he uses to create the charts are quite out of the ordinary. I couldn't tell you if they are predictive beyond the average. I've got my own style and methods, but if his turns and stuff start lining up with my stuff, I might pay more attention to what he is doing. Outside of that, I wouldn't suggest making a trade completely off his charts. For me, they are more amusement than anything, though, not to say that his stuff doesn't work. I couldn't really say one way or the other.

Through that and past Friday's low, now at 1673

Reminds me of a song:

Loaded like a freight train

Flyin' like an aeroplane

Feelin' like a space brain

One more time tonight

Well I'm a west coast struttin'

One bad mother

Got a rattlesnake suitcase

Under my arm

Said I'm a mean machine

Been drinkin' gasoline

And honey you can make my motor hum

Well I got one chance left

In a nine live cat

I got a dog eat dog sly smile

I got a Molotov cocktail with a match to go

I smoke my cigarette with style

An I can tell you honey

You can make my money tonight.............

Gold investors warned to liquidate after 'buying frenzy'

London's leading gold forecaster has advised clients to liquidate holdings of gold and silver until the latest speculative fever abates, warning that futures contracts on New York's Comex exchange are flashing warning signals.

John Reade, an anal cyst at UBS, said the number of "net long" positions held by speculators reached 29.02m an ounce last week, a record high.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment...ing-frenzy.html

The guy is either a moron, or he missed the move and desperately wants the train to back up to the station so that he can get on. He's right on the facts, but wrong on interpretation. The positions of large traders have simply followed the trend up. The higher it went, the bigger their positions. Commercials on the other hand got shorter and shorter and shorter. They've been setting record short position after record short position. So tell me, who's the smart money?

Just as a for instance, the last time large traders positions broke out to a new high was on October 12 2007 at 750 on the way to 1005. The last time before that was August 25, 2005 at 450 on the way to 725. This week's action looks like another breakout in the traders positions which have been uptrending since May of 2001. This is not a constrained indicator. Looks to me like Mr. Reade does not know how to read charts.

goldcots.png

Do big changes always come on Monday's?

They use to say turn around tuesday, meaning that market turns would commonly happen on that day. I don't know, but I held a short from late Friday over the weekend (NQ 1683.75). I based it on the chart pattern posted earlier. Was kind of uncomfortable with it. I usually don't hold positions over the weekend, unless it's a longer term trade. I don't like starting the week getting reamed in globex. It seems that everybody and their ancestors is bullish. The market can always go higher, but some of the best turns seem to catch most by surprise. This should be an interesting month.

The guy is either a moron, or he missed the move and desperately wants the train to back up to the station so that he can get on. He's right on the facts, but wrong on interpretation. The positions of large traders have simply followed the trend up. The higher it went, the bigger their positions. Commercials on the other hand got shorter and shorter and shorter. They've been setting record short position after record short position. So tell me, who's the smart money?

Just as a for instance, the last time large traders positions broke out to a new high was on October 12 2007 at 750 on the way to 1005. The last time before that was August 25, 2005 at 450 on the way to 725. This week's action looks like another breakout in the traders positions which have been uptrending since May of 2001. This is not a constrained indicator. Looks to me like Mr. Reade does not know how to read charts.

'

Looks pretty bullish to me.

Archived