Market Awash in Sea of Red

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<h2 class="post-title">How’d They DO That? – Professional Edition Fed Report</h2>

by Lee Adler, Saturday, September 12, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The Treasury market laughed in the face of having to pay for $55 billion of new intermediate and long term paper on Tuesday 9/15. That combined with the reduction in the Fed’s subsidy of this market, due to end on October 31, should have hurt the market, but instead there was a buying panic. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Interesting finding, does the data show which banks are doing the buying?

Interesting finding, does the data show which banks are doing the buying?

If the prices are very cheap, I think we can all guess who. By the end of this phase, 2 or 3 banks will own the country, if not the world.-- having purchased it all with TARP money-- thanks to U.S. taxpayers, most of whom will be minimum wage workers by that time.

This is even better:

FDIC Reliance on Estimated Values for Asset Sales Called into Question

"The problem, though, is that if a non-performer is selling at 37¢, look at all the institutions that are holding non-performers at 100¢ or at least 95¢. They won't sell those assets and take that 60¢ discount. It would drive them underwater. They'd be illiquid. But that means there's no market. The only banks parting with the loans are the ones taken over by FDIC. That's the problem right now. It's a reality. But someone must make the big banks part with all those assets. It's a big woven tale of woe."

Hey Doc, maybe you could consider adding some this FDIC machination crap to the excellent Fed report?

:ninja:

I am beyond maxed out. Probably beyond my abilities as well! :lol:

Any posts containing any discussion about guns have been, and will continue to be, deleted. That's not a topic for discussion on Capitalstool.com.

Whoops, sorry. I had mentioned these things in the past, did not realize it was verboten.

Won't do it again...

:rolleyes:

Any posts containing any discussion about guns have been, and will continue to be, deleted. That's not a topic for discussion on Capitalstool.com.

Sorry - didn't know this is taboo. I tried to offer an analysis that tied into the economy and the markets. I guess I feel it is a sad commentary on the state of things. Will leave it alone in the future.

Sorry also that the chart of Smith & Wesson was deleted. I think SWHC is an opportunity to be considered due to both the fundamental and technical picture. No offense was intended.

Gold investors warned to liquidate after 'buying frenzy'

London's leading gold forecaster has advised clients to liquidate holdings of gold and silver until the latest speculative fever abates, warning that futures contracts on New York's Comex exchange are flashing warning signals.

John Reade, an anal cyst at UBS, said the number of "net long" positions held by speculators reached 29.02m an ounce last week, a record high.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment...ing-frenzy.html

post-350-1252879509.jpg

First chart above was posted on Friday in IDS.

The one below was shot near the open of globex. It shows price falling out of the wedge. This is only globex action, though, so it doesn't mean much. Could get some kind of decline at the open. Not sure if it will be the start of something more or just another dip to be bought. We shall see.

post-350-1252879969_thumb.jpg

Archived