Monthly Digger - September 2009

My largest holding.

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - 09/30/09) - Colossus Minerals Inc. ("Colossus") (TSX:CSI - News) is pleased to announce the results from step-out diamond drilling on the Central Mineralised Zone of the Serra Pelada Project, the Colossus-COOMIGASP joint venture located in Para State, Brazil.

HIGHLIGHTS

- SPD-034 intersected

70.70 metres @ 53.59 g/t gold, 20.77 g/t platinum and 31.30 g/t palladium (89.59 g/t gold-equivalent(ii)) including

20.44 metres at 158.82 g/t gold, 67.14 g/t platinum and 101.10 g/t palladium (275.17 g/t gold-equivalent )

- SPD-032 intersected

39.05 metres @ 21.47 g/t gold, 6.44 g/t platinum and 9.36 g/t palladium, (32.53 g/t gold-equivalent) including

4.80 metres at 161.87 g/t gold, 49.85 g/t platinum and 73.13 g/t palladium, (247.69 g/t gold-equivalent)

- SPD-028 intersected

8.80 metres at 60.05 g/t gold, 0.07 g/t platinum and 0.18 g/t palladium

including

5.20 metres at 99.21 g/t gold, 0.10 g/t platinum and 0.25 g/t palladium,

approximate true thicknesses of mineralisation

- These and other step-out drill -holes have contributed materially to the definition of gold-platinum-palladium mineralisation, including ultra high grade subzones in the Serra Pelada Central Mineralised Zone.

DETAILS

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Colossus-Min...ml?x=0&.v=1

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys like to live on the edge. I've looked up symbols on pinksheets.com and some of your stock picks are a step above 'toxic' at the dark/defunct level. Yeah I own some at the 'stop/no information' level.

These lotto tickets are all takeover targets (esp. partnered ones), very few have a poison pill built in. One day a nice pop then you are holding a few shares of a major while the ex-board walks with a premium.

Anyway, dumped PWE NGLS more GGN and moved into PVX.

Finding any new miners capable of putting out more than 100,000 ounces of gold a month is a tough one. Light in RGLD heavy in NG initial position in BAA sitting on GBG NGD MGN have others but all appear to capped or choked off of operating capital. Still, it's been a slow steady climb.

Feel sorry for the “Deep Dense Forest Crowd” that is 4X LEVERAGED SHORT GOLD!

I’m convinced they’ll NEVER get it.

Let’s see, what do we have here today . . .

September Chicago PMI headline index fell to 46.1 from 50 in the prior month, indicating that the Chicago manufacturing sector is once again in contraction after its brief moment in the sun in August.

Meanwhile, the prices paid indicator rose to 51.3 from 50.

Uh, . . lemme see chere, . . uh, . . .duh, . . hmmmmmm.

What ‘at goober say ‘bout ‘at econ funfomentals 101?

Uh, ECONOMIC STAGNATION, PLUS , UH, INFLATION equals, uh . . .

I don’t know how many data points like this we need to get before the irrational Market Consensus Ignoramuses “get it,” but when they finally do, gold should explode.

"(Colossus) My largest holding."

Gold-Platinum-Palladium, what else can you ask for?

So Colossus Hits the MOTHERLOAD!!!

Wow. . . uh . . . and how come you didn't tell us about this yesterday ChiefyWiefy!!?? :P :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I got lucky, but I mentioned it as my holdings on Monday. :rolleyes: I saw it posted at Sprott as their largest holding so I dumped my miner dogs and rolled it into Colossus. Riding on the backs of those that are way smarter than me. :rolleyes:

chiefywiefy

Sep 28 2009, 06:57 AM

My top three holdings that I'm also adding to on pullbacks - csi.to osk.to rby

Thanks for all your efforts GM. It's much appreciated.

Speaking of one of the most leveraged to the price of Gold stocks there is, Chesapeake Gold, it was recommended in the cover story on the September issue of The Northern Miner, "Mining Markets." Article entitled, "The Six gold projects with BIG ounces - Kaiser rates 'em all".

Not rocket science, but latecomers are certainly welcome.

Here’s an excerpt:

"Chesapeake Gold (CKG-V) is my second choice because the $US12 per oz value for Metates is the lowest in the group, deservedly so because of the metallurgical challenges this deposit faces. Nonetheless, solutions have been identified for these challenges and they mainly involve cost. Metates is thus very leveraged to a higher real gold price."

"Second choice" is OK but there are several aspects of Chesapeake’s Metates deposit that Kaiser doesn’t consider. I’ve already been over it before in posts here so won’t repeat in detail. But I'll emphasize again:

CKG is also EXTREMELY LEVERAGED to a good market for sulfuric acid.

Yes, Sulfuric acid demand and prices have slumped in the past year as the global economic slump has slowed activity in such consuming industries as fertilizers, steel making, and mining. But in the latest survey by Purchasingdata.com, sulfuric acid contract prices were still in the $287 range. (Most sulfuric acid is sold under longer-term contract which is higher than spot). But even half that price would be a huge benefit to CKG’s bottom line. And as explained before, the existing rail lines being close to Metates makes transporting the sulfuric acid more feasible.

Even if CKG could sell its acid production at only $80, the revenues would have the potential to bring down the gold processing costs by as much as $200-$300 per ounce, leaving only mining costs. It could insure economic production even if gold fell below $800 and remained around that level (everyone here by now already knows my thoughts on where I believe Gold to be headed to much, much higher levels.)

And then there’s zinc (and lots of it.) With a market for Metates sulfuric acid and zinc, the numbers for that project (alone) improve dramatically.

Kaiser doesn’t consider these important factors.

Archived