Electricity without Wires

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking and Managing Risk- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Monday, August 31, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market finally gave a little ground amid initial signs of an intermediate top. Confirmation signals often come too late to enter a trade. This is where taking risk and managing risk come in. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Clients Flee Cerberus, Fallen Fund Titan

Investors in hedge funds run by Cerberus Capital Management LP, whose audacious multi-billion dollar bet on the U.S. auto industry went bust, are bolting for the door, clinching one of the highest-profile falls from grace of a superstar in the investment world.

Clients are withdrawing more than $5.5 billion, or nearly 71% of the hedge fund assets, in response to big investment losses and their own need for cash, according to people familiar with the matter.

"We have been surprised by this response," Cerberus chief Stephen Feinberg and co-founder William Richter wrote in a letter delivered to clients late Thursday.

In the nine months ended June 30, investors withdrew about $300 billion from hedge funds, contributing to a sharp decline in an industry that had grown fourfold this decade, to a peak of almost $1.9 trillion in assets in 2007, according to Hedge Fund Research. Big-name funds run by Atticus Capital LP, Pequot Capital Management and Cantillon Capital Management, among others, are shutting down.

Forbes Polls the Wackosphere and Gets An Earful

by Lee Adler, Monday, August 31, 2009, in Economics, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The editors of Forbes have asked me to give them my economic forecast for the next year (cough, cough, guffaw). Don’t be impressed. They sent the same email to the whole financial wackosphere. I assume that their purpose, as with the entire financial infomercial media, is to poke fun at us wackos so as to minimize their own horrendous shortcomings as financial journalists. (Continued)

Me too. Think there's a few of us here on the lonely side of that boat.

Closed a short today and went home flat to see what tomorrow looks like but I'm leaning towards the short side. One of these days the longs are gonna get the smelly hockey glove to the face when piling in on dips.

Don't think the sell off will be huge but enough to make the bulls use a brain cell....

and...on after hours Lost Money all were whining about us "following China" and that "we" are the super power of crapitalism....

ok...whenever the "word" China is mentioned in regards to any USA business the stock turns into a bottle rocket..and if "China goes up"...we go higher .....now they want no part of them when they turn into the red headed step child....

have these idiots ever seen noticed how our global economy is strung together like a litter of marionettes for the past decade ??? And have they ever noticed that we were the ones that foulked up the global financial system ????

also, pony tail One kept pointing out how huge the call volume was in particular stocks and "you gotta like the action...just gotta like these "names"....

The guy constantly advocates climbing on board lopsided options trades after the fact...UFB

pony tail Two in particular was in your face cocky bullish....

<h2 class="post-title">Forbes Polls the Wackosphere and Gets An Earful</h2>

by Lee Adler, Monday, August 31, 2009, in Economics, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The editors of Forbes have asked me to give them my economic forecast for the next year (cough, cough, guffaw). Don’t be impressed. They sent the same email to the whole financial wackosphere. I assume that their purpose, as with the entire financial infomercial media, is to poke fun at us wackos so as to minimize their own horrendous shortcomings as financial journalists. (Continued)

Doc

Insist they publish all or none. They can and will cut and manipulate it to make you look like an idiot.

I love it. I'll pass it on.

I was going to say you should have mentioned your one of histories only Dale Carnegie failures but they probably can get that.

Archived