Thank God it's Friday

A little off topic here, but college football is gettin ready to begin. I am so excited, can't contain myself. It offers a great diversion from the myriad troubles we face. As long as Florida doesn't win the NC, it should be a great year! He, He...

ALso, I don't use stops. I get out of a position as soon as I realize I made a bad decision; I get out of a good position when I think that it is ending. Sometimes I will use trailing stops on futures over night, but that depends.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

once you open your minds to the idea that the "Theme Song" of the USA top dogs,

ever since the JFK years, is "Anything Goes," (C. Porter, circa 1938), as sung by Frank:

(Rumour has it that the scene at 2:22 was filmed in the WH basement, just a Rumour...)

Then you can all calm down and buy GOLD.

Confidence will Collapse

Eyes will Open,

Will then be Filled with Tears,

Before being Punched Out

1964 was the final year of Silver in Circulation in the USA. Lies and Manipulations have been the rule ever since. Beginning with the Loss in Vietnam, extending to the Shutting of the Gold Window, Using Banks as Spys, Later on the Elimination of HC, Ending with Legalized Front-Running and Naked Shorting on the Street, yada yada yada.

Doc, back in 1964, many could pay for health care related items, even Big Operations, with cash, before the total Jam Job into Managed Care now operative...Pay now with cash, Mister???? Hey Baby, you better have $10,000,000.00 in your checking account. Can't get in???? Better have Ten.

indeed.

jickiss!

This system will not be saved. Save yourselves, if you can.

three cheers for edward kennedy...last scion of a great and tragic family, i'd say the greatest american family of the last century...you could not help but like them...

and if you disagree, thats your right...cheers

The Cuban apparatus can finally make the official Fidel burial.

fidel-castro-wink1.jpg

In the US, the vast majority of elderly can not afford to pay for this type of thing privately, so the burden would fall back on the taxpayer.

I think that the original US health care program included "Elderly Care." Later ditched, however, which is sad. Job opportunities are lost for thousands, as I agree with Kelvin. :(

In Japan elderly care was established modeled after National Health Insurance, when "silver generation" emerged as a big social issue.

Japan's National Health Insurance admission used to be very cheap, like a dollar (now like 5 dollars for elderly). The admittance fee increased to discourage those retired who tend to visit hospitals frequently with minor problems. I think that since around that time, the development of social groups for elderly had been enhanced in a municipal level to absorb the reasonably healthy elderly who had not much regular schedules except going to doctors. :)

(Caution: I have been talking about Tokyo only. It may be different in other or rural areas.)

"I have personally dealt with Canadian government at the local, provincial, and Federal level. The red tape, indifference, and incompetence blows my mind. At least in the US, I could get my Congressman to move the bureaucracy when needed. Not so here. The civil service corps is too thoroughly entrenched, essentially untouchable, and they know it." Quoting Doc.

I agree. Tradition of contacting Congressman in the US is, I think, great part of the US democratic political system. I have been thinking how it can be applicable in Japan. ^_^

I question the need for copays. Moved back to Canada recently after spending 15 years in USA (with copays). Any manipulation by people is quickly recognized for what it is and dealt with, under a single payer system. However, most of the cons are from the other side and become obvious under statistics.

Agree with the wieght problem though does not exist here in Canada like in USA. Found obesity a strange USA phenomenan, perhaps an unrecognized suicidal wish. One of my sons, who has travelled extensively, that he could always recognize an "American Meal" as it was at least twice as big as anywhere else in the world.

Currently I have to pay full amount for one prescription, but its reasonable and will be covered 70% at age 65.

Obviously you haven't spent any time in Saskatchewan. Some overweight folks here . . . :blink:

A little off topic here, but college football is gettin ready to begin. I am so excited, can't contain myself. It offers a great diversion from the myriad troubles we face. As long as Florida doesn't win the NC, it should be a great year! He, He...

ALso, I don't use stops. I get out of a position as soon as I realize I made a bad decision; I get out of a good position when I think that it is ending. Sometimes I will use trailing stops on futures over night, but that depends.

Let me guess: a buckeye fan? :rolleyes:

Go gators!

GO Owls!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

The Cuban apparatus can finally make the official Fidel burial.

fidel-castro-wink1.jpg

heh heh lol, nice one...i've always liked fidel too, go figure...lift the bs embargo and hypocrisy on cuba and lets see what happens...we have more than a little trade with communist china for capitalism's sake

Let me guess: a buckeye fan? :rolleyes:

Go gators!

Maybe we can meet again this year in the NC game! It would be great to give Tebow a woopin in his last game as a Gator. However, we have unfinished business with USC, first. They are coming to Columbus this year with a freshman quarterback, Barkley. If we can put the poundin on him early, I think the mighty Bucks win. Then we take out Penn State at Happy Valley, destroy Michigan, and, as long as the Gators can take care of business, we will play in the NC game, where the Bucks win, of course!

Temple Owls? Many years ago, they had a very gifted tailback whose last name was Palmer. He was runner up in the Heisman to Vinny Testaverde. I think he should of won it that year, but I think playing at Temple that year hurt his chances. He finished his career with nearly 5K yards rushing.

Fed Set the Perfect Trap- For Itself �" Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Sunday, August 30, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Banks added to their deposits at the Fed last week, bringing their total reserves held there to $862 billion, not far below the record $955 billion in the week ended May 20. The increase in deposits was due to the Fed’s securities purchases as well as the spending represented by a big drop in US Government deposits at the Fed. What are the banks doing with these reserves? Nothing. Since October 22, 2008 commercial banks have reduced their loan portfolios by $463 billion. The Fed has created the perfect liquidity trap.

bankloans.png

Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Archived