Propofol Market- First they put you to sleep

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll probably start with another flag pole tomorrow....nothing will be perceived as bad

Date Time (ET) Statistic For Actual Briefing Forecast Market Expects Prior Revised From

Aug 27 8:30 AM Initial Claims 08/22 - 550K 565K 576K -

Aug 27 8:30 AM - 08/21 - NA NA NA -

Aug 27 8:30 AM Q2 GDP - Prelim Q2 - -1.6% -1.4% -1.0% -

Aug 27 8:30 AM GDP Deflator Q2 - 0.2% 0.2% 0.2% -

Aug 27 8:30 AM Core PCE Q2 - 2.0% 2.0% 2.0% -

Being short 1/2 a day was not fun....squeezed out a few pennies and got the foulke out... then I ended up feeling like this...

One thing that has me worried is that mutual funds are now at about 3.5% cash levels, a two year low. Big, fast flip there. Gonna need more inflows from balance sheet-challenged households to keep the momentum going.

Also, according to some surveys I follow, being overweight EM is the largest consensus on record, I believe. Feels like mid-2008, if you ask me, right before the "decoupling" theory ripped many a new one. Pain trade in EM is down. On the other hand, most are underweight developed market equities. So there could be some EM-DM cha-cha in the works.

One thing that has me worried is that mutual funds are now at about 3.5% cash levels, a two year low. Big, fast flip there. Gonna need more inflows from balance sheet-challenged households to keep the momentum going.

J6P is so broke it ain't funny

Mom & Pop are bailin'

if it weren't fer secret :rolleyes: gov't buying of stock index futures, we'd be at S&P 500 500 already

Got stopped out of my EDZ position on friday and have spent the last couple of days in 100% cash. If past is prologue, any big move may now start without me any second now. I have no conviction either way at this point. I find that I am able to argue both sides of the market with ease. I may open a straddle, but if I do, then the market will probably flatline until expiration. Sheeeeeeeeet.

I know exactly how that feels :lol: Without conviction of a direction one cannot even resort to fading himself properly.

VIX hasn't made a new low yet as the SPX has made a new high.

(There I go again, looking for negatives)

That might not be a negative, VIX and Spooz relations are widely irregular. It can be read as "no complacency from the bullz". So it's not necessarily a negative divergence.

On other newz No Key Huh the mobile phone juggernaut blasts into the laptop bidness.

"- Nokia Oyj, the world’s biggest maker of mobile phones, plans to sell a laptop with a 10-inch display that runs Microsoft Corp.’s Windows to compete with personal-computer makers such as Apple Inc. and Dell Inc. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=adLxUKjAruVY

Question is will they blend in ?

[flash=425,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1ckCkm8YI.swf

Today's Pissant stock market tip....on................"Low Volume"...... "Don't be worried folks...its always..............Bullish!"

When the market falls on low volume ( and it could be a 1000 point shank ) Bob " Lesko" Pissant will always be yapping about how it's "good news for the bulls cause no one is really selling!!"

Now that volume has shriveled up to a level where a few block trades sent through the terminals at predetermined times sends shorts scurrying for cover...."rising on low volume is bullish because no one is really selling !!!"......

And even better....2 tic infested bankrupt government owned stocks and 2 government subsidized stocks (EX AIG) have comprised 40 % of the NYSE volume the last few days......Bullish !!!!

Four financials dominate NYSE stock action in August

Citigroup (NYSE:C - News), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC - News), Freddie Mac (NYSE:FRE - News) and Fannie Mae (NYSE:FNM - News) have dominated trading recently as each has more than doubled in price from 2009 lows.

On Monday and on Tuesday morning, the four accounted for more than 40 percent of composite volume on the NYSE. Some attributed this to bets on hoped-for economic improvement and ongoing government support, but others said the volume was due to speculation in popular names with low share prices.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Four-financi...set=&ccode=

Archived