Paint Buy Numbers

Evidently Quebec has your weather this year. Cloudy rainy and cool 5 days out of every 7.

Much better than the usual scorching, breathless, allergic excruciating comfortless baking merciless Montreal summer heat. Or at least, imo :lol:

Many Quebeckers are complaining, but Lady Fokker and I are loving the cool, moderate summer. None of the gasping stench of dog urine and armpits that usually characterizes downtown Montreal in late July. No worries perambulating in a suit. Lovely rainshowers, lush verdant trees, lawns and shrubs... everything but the "weather load" I've been waiting for to boost my NG contracts! All in all, a glorious summer here in the North Country.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much better than the usual scorching, breathless, allergic excruciating comfortless baking merciless Montreal summer heat. Or at least, imo :lol:

Many Quebeckers are complaining, but Lady Fokker and I are loving the cool, moderate summer. None of the gasping stench of dog urine and armpits that usually characterizes downtown Montreal in late July. No worries perambulating in a suit. Lovely rainshowers, lush verdant trees, lawns and shrubs... everything but the "weather load" I've been waiting for to boost my NG contracts! All in all, a glorious summer here in the North Country.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

C'mon man! You Canucks are such wusses when it comes to summer heat. As soon as it hits 80 people start complaining about the heat. I've been coming here for 12 summers and only twice has the temperature been above 90. I never even break a sweat. Ever been to NY, Philly, or DC in July or August? It's almost never less than 92 with 75+% humidity. This year has been freakishly cool in those towns too. Almost never more than the low 80s, but little rain until this weekend.

Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, St. Louis, Houston? Fuhgeddaboudit. 9 AM it's so hot and humid, you're soaked all the way through in about 5 minutes.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

C'mon man! You Canucks are such wusses when it comes to summer heat. As soon as it hits 80 people start complaining about the heat. I've been coming here for 12 summers and only twice has the temperature been above 90. I never even break a sweat. Ever been to NY, Philly, or DC in July or August? It's almost never less than 92 with 75+% humidity. This year has been freakishly cool in those towns too. Almost never more than the low 80s, but little rain until this weekend.

Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, St. Louis, Houston? Fuhgeddaboudit. 9 AM it's so hot and humid, you're soaked all the way through in about 5 minutes.

Yeah yeah. But up in the campain, where you are, it's far more breathable, far less smogged in, cooler and more livable. On the set of Bladerunner, downtown in the dust and filth, it gets hotter, stays hotter, and smells .. bad. Think of those putrescent alleys in Starsky & Hutch ;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah yeah. But up in the campain, where you are, even in Laval, it's far more breathable, far less smogged in, cooler and more livable. On the set of Bladerunner, downtown in the dust and filth, it gets hotter, stays hotter, and smells .. bad. Think of those putrescent alleys in Starsky & Hutch ;)

Well, I love Moe Rayall. It's one of my favorite towns. Cleaner and safer than all US cities, but agree, the traffic is just as bad or worse and the drivers are just as rude. The parking regs are incomprehensible, even if you do speak French. :lol:

Hey! Let's do lunch at Schwartz's! Do you think they'll let us sit at the same table? :lol:

Timmy G was on one of the Gasbag shows. Here is a site which summarizes the goings on in plain English. The Bobblespeak Translastions

http://moonshinepatriot.blogspot.com/2009/...hanopoulos.html

Stephanopoulos: Timmy is the recession over?

Geithner: if I do say so myself I a most excellent miracle worker

Stephanopoulos: so you’re done

Geithner: no we want people to have a McNugget in every pot

Stephanopoulos: but people still are unemployed

Geithner: first we’re going to have growth and then people will start spending and companies will start making stuff and then unemployment ends around 2013

Well, I love Moe Rayall. It's one of my favorite towns. Cleaner and safer than all US cities, but agree, the traffic is just as bad or worse and the drivers are just as rude. The parking regs are incomprehensible, even if you do speak French. :lol:

Hey! Let's do lunch at Schwartz's! Do you think they'll let us sit at the same table? :lol:

The magic of Schwartz is that they don't give a shit who you are or what you think. Kings and paupers alike are just a number Chez Schwartz. But you're right- they prolly wouldn't serve the likes of us.

If you're going to be in town this week, gimme some heads-up and we can grab a bite. I know lotsa good places downtown.

The magic of Schwartz is that they don't give a shit who you are or what you think. Kings and paupers alike are just a number Chez Schwartz. But you're right- they prolly wouldn't serve the likes of us.

If you're going to be in town this week, gimme some heads-up and we can grab a bite. I know lotsa good places downtown.

Gentlemen,

Had an AMAZING dinner at http://www.leclubchasseetpeche.com/index.php?paged=2 this winter - a little pricey, but a great dining experience in Old Montreal.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

did ya all know that the DEALERS are supposed to destroy the engines of the clukers?

here is a video, in case you want to watch how it is done....

http://throttleblips.dailyradar.com/video/...troy_an_engine/

jickiss!!!!!!!

What a waste. Only our government could come up with something this stupid.

You know, I was listening to them this weekend when they started getting into that, and I thought, "What a couple of total jackasses those two chuckleheads have become."

When I started following him around 2002, Poop-blah-blah was a source of contrarian insight.

Now, he's just a predictable hack, who worships at the Cult of Peak Oil the way he insists others worship at the Cult of Global Warming.

I do like his occasional guest interviews still.....

Actually, what they have to say regarding peak oil is pretty accurate, if you have taken the time to actually listen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/...st-1766585.html

"But the first detailed assessment of more than 800 oil fields in the world, covering three quarters of global reserves, has found that most of the biggest fields have already peaked and that the rate of decline in oil production is now running at nearly twice the pace as calculated just two years ago. On top of this, there is a problem of chronic under-investment by oil-producing countries, a feature that is set to result in an "oil crunch" within the next five years which will jeopardise any hope of a recovery from the present global economic recession, he said. "

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/...st-1766585.html

"But the first detailed assessment of more than 800 oil fields in the world, covering three quarters of global reserves, has found that most of the biggest fields have already peaked and that the rate of decline in oil production is now running at nearly twice the pace as calculated just two years ago. On top of this, there is a problem of chronic under-investment by oil-producing countries, a feature that is set to result in an "oil crunch" within the next five years which will jeopardise any hope of a recovery from the present global economic recession, he said. "

Since oil has retreated from its historic run last summer and gas prices have fallen considerably, the problems regarding black gold don't get much attention anymore. However, in the not too distant future, it is my view that the energy crisis will become one of the main issues that we will have to face. It is a serious problem.

Since oil has retreated from its historic run last summer and gas prices have fallen considerably, the problems regarding black gold don't get much attention anymore. However, in the not too distant future, it is my view that the energy crisis will become one of the main issues that we will have to face. It is a serious problem.

Then also throw the Israel/Iran situation into this mix and the crisis can re-emerge overnight!

Archived