Just A Mirage

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bears’ Jonestown – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Thursday, July 23, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The massive base breakout is complete. Now it’s a question of whether they can hold it or not. If you ignore the news after the bell—and it’s always a good idea to ignore the news—and just look at the technical indicators it would be difficult not to conclude that the market is ultimately headed much higher. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

imo, this breakout should be assumed innocent until proven guilty

should be pretty good resistance between 980-1000 (testing the nov. 2008 highs)

my WAG is a test of 1100 (sept. 2008 lows) in the next 6-8 weeks...stat...

SPX chart giving me that come hither and love me long time look...:blush:

my plan is to refrain from any meaningful short positions until then and buy any dips into the 920-940 band,

close back below 900 over next two weeks gets me egg on the face and scrambled...

cheers

bulls six-pack giddy but not xtc euphoric yet...bears clinically depressed but not suicidal yet

waiting for it...

You've done a great job of calling things so far byhiselo....hat tip.. :)

I recall back in the spring we all had a good laugh at somebody on Crapvision who said it will be safe for the public to get back into stocks above 1060. Even TJ had a good chuckle about that.

Yeah we could be at 1060 in a few days the way we're going.

If that's a possibility though IMHO it's gonna get gummy for a few moments around 1000, should be a little bit of time there to act thoughtfully.

That says it all. I'm sure CNBS will take note.

I hated to say it but it was worth noting. There were two components to it. Just getting to 1060 seemed improbable. Buying there still seems insane. Hell TJ made his year buying in Feb and selling in late May. Everyone could have with his buy the buckster strategy. I try not to regret anything but it's hard not to regret that. At any rate even if everything we bears believe is totally wrong, if buying at 1060 is a smart move this year then I think we might be in historically uncharted territory, Pun intended.

Archived