Has Madoff made off with the rally?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, there is always plenty of opportunity.

The front nine of the year is in the books, and while I could have shot better, and laid up a few times rather than going for the green, I managed to finish at a respectable +580% TWR for the first half. And since the middle of July 2007, when the great bear first started to awaken, the ticker is now at +32,917%. By the way, it is impossible to make a living by timing the markets short term, so don't even try. ;)

I am now going to take a long well deserved vacation....see ya all after Labor Day!

I will check in once in a while, but I will be mostly away from the screens for most of this trip.

way to schticK it to 'da man K-Wave...........

happy trails and see you in September for the mega-Crash and the beginning of the Great Depression II................may your cards be live and your pots be monster - wpt guy

buckle up...retail is dead, commercial RE is dead, consumer is dead.....

fat lady sings this fall.......................

California's public employee pension fund gambled away nearly a third of its value in the recent stock market crash, but the state's local governments have just been given permission to hide those massive losses by pushing them off the books.

This is funny accounting designed to make the pension funds look healthier than they really are in the hopes that citizens will not rise up and demand changes to retirement benefits that have grown too rich.

It also hides the folly of lavish pension increases and the economic burden those increases have imposed not just on taxpayers, but current government employees as well. Some of those workers will have to be laid off so that their city, state and county employers can continue to fund extraordinarily rich pensions for their more senior colleagues.

post-2457-1246419862_thumb.png

Yep, there is always plenty of opportunity.

The front nine of the year is in the books, and while I could have shot better, and laid up a few times rather than going for the green, I managed to finish at a respectable +580% TWR for the first half. And since the middle of July 2007, when the great bear first started to awaken, the ticker is now at +32,917%. By the way, it is impossible to make a living by timing the markets short term, so don't even try. ;)

I am now going to take a long well deserved vacation....see ya all after Labor Day!

I will check in once in a while, but I will be mostly away from the screens for most of this trip.

When I grow up, I wanna trade just like you. Have a great trip.

buckle up...retail is dead, commercial RE is dead, consumer is dead.....

fat lady sings this fall.......................

what about all the romantic tales of green shoots and RE bottoms?

they lyin' ta us? :angry:

we didn't "turn the corner"?

clunkers fer cash ain't gonna balance the budget?

we can't borrow, spend, default and walkaway to prosperity?

dang, that suck :lol:

what about all the romantic tales of green shoots and RE bottoms?

they lyin' ta us? :angry:

we didn't "turn the corner"?

clunkers fer cash ain't gonna balance the budget?

we can't borrow, spend, default and walkaway to prosperity?

dang, that suck :lol:

doc may object to this statement; however,

price action will finally reflect economic activity come october.

personally witnessing front line data in the retail sector,

never, ever before have we seen dozens of job-seekers applying every single day;

while the slumlord is oblivious to losing 15% of thier SQ/FT every month.

our Common Area Maintainence fees have increased every month by 15%, as a direct result of other business going bankrupt; therefore, leaving existing tentants with a larger % of ownership, and a larger % of CAM fees.

it is with great sadness, that we, too, finally throw in the towel.

BK in retail. commercial RE collapse. snowball effect.

visible to the eyeballs come october...we are, errrr, WERE ground level to the USA economy....

we were always 3-6 months ahead of the general economy.

we witnessed the issues in Q1 of 2008, 6 months before Fall Street recognized a recession.

well, guess what?

turn off the idiot box, dont read that paper, and hear it from ground zero:

the Great Depression II is only 3-6 months away.......bankrupty in retail is up x 10......

hyper-tiger scenario is in full-effect.

good luck!

doc may object to this statement; however,

price action will finally reflect economic activity come october.

personally witnessing front line data in the retail sector,

never, ever before have we seen dozens of job-seekers applying every single day;

while the slumlord is oblivious to losing 15% of thier SQ/FT every month.

our Common Area Maintainence fees have increased every month by 15%, as a direct result of other business going bankrupt; therefore, leaving existing tentants with a larger % of ownership, and a larger % of CAM fees.

it is with great sadness, that we, too, finally throw in the towel.

BK in retail. commercial RE collapse. snowball effect.

visible to the eyeballs come october...we are, errrr, WERE ground level to the USA economy....

we were always 3-6 months ahead of the general economy.

we witnessed the issues in Q1 of 2008, 6 months before Fall Street recognized a recession.

well, guess what?

turn off the idiot box, dont read that paper, and hear it from ground zero:

the Great Depression II is only 3-6 months away.......bankrupty in retail is up x 10......

hyper-tiger scenario is in full-effect.

good luck!

I've got two friends with residential RE that was for sale that recently took their places off the market. Their places would not appraise for "what they were worth" and the owner's didn't want to "give them away"... Morans....

post-1110-1246428913.jpg

Archived