Is This a Long or Short Weak End?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To honor the death, I mean life, of Micheal Jackson, and to jump on the shameless market bandwagon, I have commissioned a new T-Shirt design.

Disclaimer:-

1. Any simuwarities to Obama compaign T-shirt design are coincidental.

2. All profit, I mean contributions after costs, will go to a charity for uhm, homeless Lamas.

post-1120-1246067243_thumb.jpg

I'm not trying to be naive or stupid or contrarian or anything. But what evidence is there that the overnight futures contract activity in question was "market manipulation," let alone "major market manipulation."

Good point. Who can really say. I happened to be watching the futures at the time that massive buying binge occurred. My only question is who was buying. Also, if you really wanted to flag pole the futures, why do it around midnight. It would have a better chance of sticking in the morning, say around 6. But, at midnight, it would be easier to take out the stops and move it because of the light trading. Anyway, it was definitely a strange occurrence, to say the least.

cw, during the election and into the meltdown/bailout i was mass emailing mish/denningers stuff to news media, congress, friends 100000s emails. not even on enquiry

im glad you care but the course is set. truly amazing times.

Is%20It%20Safe.jpg

NO!!!! and the leadership is a bunch of criminal conspirators

http://www.corbettreport.com/articles/2009...predictions.htm

But at least we can say, "I told you so'. <_<

"Banks Reap Record $9.8 Billion Trading Derivatives "

"The U.S. banking industry said it made $9.8 billion during the first quarter trading derivatives and securities as investors started returning to the markets amid signs the recession bottomed. "

"Revenue from trading interest-rate contracts soared to $9.1 billion from $1.9 billion a year earlier and from a $3.4 billion loss in the fourth quarter of 2008, according to the report. Currencies contracts accounted for $2.4 billion in the 2009 first period. The banks lost $3.15 billion from trading credit. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=avwXQUCLUh34

cwd,, gs,, want to know just how truly hopeless it is,, doc was right last night

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/06/gold...very-major.html

I have been talking about manipulated markets for the five years I have posted here and others that posting here before said the same that although back then we were seeing black helos and wearing tin foil hats.

Now the line is what is wrong with that ? It is for the good of the country. As Cramer said, there is too much democracy in this country. That was Ben's line yesterday, Whatever I did was for the good of the country :angry:

It appears our congress has passed the Clean Energy and Security bill but not before a 300 page amendment was added at 3:09am last night. If I understand the voting process correctly the amendment was successfully voted down. There is not one damn congress man or woman who has read even half of the proposed legislation they have just passed much less the 300 pages submitted less than 24 hours ago. How can the democrats scream this is a job creator when any new "green" jobs will most likely be offset in layoffs in the oil and gas industry. But then again how the hell does anyone know! Parts of the last minute amendment was read on the floor which the Republicans highlighted some interesting items:

- Home financing legislation (what is this for in a freaking engery bill?)

- something called Green Banks (what the hell is this?)

- homes must meet efficiency standards prior to being sold (no grandfather clause for older homes)

These were just a few I remembered but they listed a bunch of crap with so much legalese that I doubt anyone could understand except for the corporate attorneys that wrote it!

This sh*t must to end. :angry:

I guess I will spend my holiday reading and researching the proposed legislation for clues on how to play this. Unfortunately my wife works in the oil and gas services industry and they have cut as far as they can. Whatever is in this bill may just change that - for the worse.

Congress is certifiably insane. Isn't it interesting that all the major legislation lately is 1,000 plus pages, but nobody every reads it, and furthermore, they admit to their ignorance in NOT READING THE EFFING BILLS THEY VOTE ON?!?!?!?!?!??.

This isn't even a republican vs democrat thing. This is sheer, pure, total IGNORANCE!!!!!!

EFFING SHEEPLE IN CONGRESS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE EVER VOTING ON AND THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ECONOMICS OF THEIR DECISIONS! LET'S NOT MENTION SCIENCE! WHAT'S THAT? THE CLASSES THEY NEVER TOOK IN SCHOOL???????

I'm pretty sure my house rep voted on it, he votes yes on all the big bills his reptile brain sees but never reads.

This is no way to run a country.

Some new toys...3X on SPX

UPRO 3x up

SPXU 3x down

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-etfs-...e?siteid=yhoof2

Caution. Do not handle without oven gloves.

Thanks K Wave. I'll prolly loose lots of money being wrong way on these :)

I'm not trying to be naive or stupid or contrarian or anything. But what evidence is there that the overnight futures contract activity in question was "market manipulation," let alone "major market manipulation."

I don't think anyone who is trying for a good entry price would drop a market order for 12k e-minies in the middle of the night.

according to my calculations, that is about a 2.7 BIL bet.I wonder how many players have that much money to just throw out there in the middle of night.

At a minimum, a lot of stops get run and I think that is called manipulation. :blink:

So now The Federal Reserve (actually the NY Fed) partially owns an insurance company through more off-balance-sheet Frankenstein monsters.

Karl

From what I can tell, the Fed/banks own houses but won't put them on the market for sale just to stop the decline in prices for everyone else. Is that a rigged market?

http://www.azcentral.com/business/realesta...kowned0623.html

"Colleen Gunderson, Tempe-based Century 21 All Stars owner and designated broker, believes banks have intentionally slowed the release of foreclosure properties onto the market at the behest of the federal government, which provided many banks with bailout funds.

"There is a process in place to sort of warehouse these properties until a time when it's more beneficial to place them on the market," she said"

Battle For The Ages- Professional Edition Fed Report

by Lee Adler, Friday, June 26, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit There was another large drop in the size of the Fed’s balance sheet this week as both TAF, central bank liquidity swaps, and CPR all declined sharply. The Fed bought a ton of paper again, but it was not enough to prevent contraction of the balance sheet, which has now shrunken by over 10% since April. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Archived