Enjoy Bond Rally While It Lasts

Favorable Conditions To Be Short Lived- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Monday, June 15, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The Treasury market found a friendly environment again today, as the Fed prepared to buy more Treasury paper on Tuesday and Wednesday during a window where supply is light. After settling a $6 billion paydown today, it will have another $7 billion in paydowns coming Wednesday, based on the current schedule. Heavier supply should resume next week as the Treasury sells 3 Note issues. How heavy will depend on how bad June 15 tax collections are. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone posted today on IDS about Carl Futia being bearish - and that being a signal for bears to be cautious.... Welllllllllll....Here's his latest....after looking at today's action Carl decided....drumroll please....

I think this means that we are seeing a reaction in an uptrend, not a reversal that could carry the market 150 points lower. I still think we shall see a 903 print later this week, but today's action means that I will follow any sign of a bullish rejection of 918 support.

http://carlfutia.blogspot.com/

post-1110-1245098843.jpg

Chort with impunity bearz..... ;)

They be shaking muni bagholders pretty good before 'bama makes them dollah good fur da boyz.

"Moody?€™s reduced its assessment of Ohio?€™s $6.8 billion of general obligation bonds to Aa2, the third-highest grade, from Aa1, the New York-based rating company said in a news release today. Ohio debt with payments subject to appropriation was cut to Aa3, the fourth highest, from Aa2. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=a5OTl7MjfT0A

Even Bob Sphincter is giving up on munis.

IYR came back off the tunnel pretty well here.

I'd like to think that's the end of it, but another bounce back into the tunnel might require the descending 200MA to administer the coup de grace.

Would love to throw this thing in Doc's cyclotron and see what kind of sausage comes out.

post-928-1245100453_thumb.png

some notes on UNG:

At issue currently is the rampant growth of the UNG, the natural gas positions of which have doubled since last month’s roll. This growth, by the way, is eerily similar to that experienced by the ETF’s sister fund, the USO, earlier this year - the background to which you can read about here.

In the UNG’s case, however, the growth has been so large that in order to avoid a regulatory clampdown on its futures positions the fund managers have been forced into the world of over-the-counter swaps. Accordingly, the fund’s swap positions are now 2.6 times larger than its future ones.

To give some perspective, if the fund was to put all that money into the futures market, Jakob calculates it would be equal to occupying 78 per cent of open interest in the July Nymex contract. Meanwhile, the holding of large swap positions goes against the fund’s mandate as outlined in its prospectus.

source

post-2460-1245101033.png

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

take a closer look at FAZ....

now above 8 MA.

jickiss!!!!!!!

Jick - I'm a heavy user of the 3x crackball ETFs, and in fact am long a starter position of FAZ now, but these things are not worth charting for daily MAs. The mathematical slippage is way too severe.

Best to chart & trade off the underlying. JMHO.

Warning Shot – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Monday, June 15, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The salient feature of the data continues to be what appears to be a failure in the 13 week cycle to turn up when it should. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Mrotgouge Applications Fall as Interest Rates Jump

U.S. mrotgouge applications fell last week to the lowest level since February as a jump in borrowing costs discouraged reamfinancing and signaled that Federal Reamserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke’s desperate efforts to cap rates is failing.

The Mrotgouge Banksters ASSociation’s index of applications to purchase or reamfinance a crapbox dropped 7.2 percent to 611 in the week ended June 5, from 658.7 the prior week. The reamfinancing gouge fell 12 percent.

Fixed U.S. mrotgouge rates jumped to the highest level this year last week, threatening to deepen the crapbox slump and sideline prospective first time reamtail suckerbuyers.

Archived