Trader burn out......what direction next?

Well, it has finally made to the US MSM ;)

Japan Probes Report Two Seized With Undeclared Bonds (Update2)

Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Shunichi Ozasa and Makiko Kitamura

June 12 (Bloomberg) -- Japan is investigating reports two of its citizens were detained in Italy after allegedly attempting to take $134 billion worth of U.S. bonds over the border into Switzerland.

“Italian authorities are in the midst of the investigation, and haven’t yet confirmed the details, including whether they are Japanese citizens or not,” Takeshi Akamatsu, a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said by telephone today in Tokyo. “Our consulate in Milan is continuing efforts to confirm the reports.”

Bloomer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it has finally made to the US MSM ;)

Japan Probes Report Two Seized With Undeclared Bonds (Update2)

By Shunichi Ozasa and Makiko Kitamura

June 12 (Bloomberg) -- Japan is investigating reports two of its citizens were detained in Italy after allegedly attempting to take $134 billion worth of U.S. bonds over the border into Switzerland.

?€œItalian authorities are in the midst of the investigation, and haven?€™t yet confirmed the details, including whether they are Japanese citizens or not,?€? Takeshi Akamatsu, a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said by telephone today in Tokyo. ?€œOur consulate in Milan is continuing efforts to confirm the reports.?€?

Bloomer

wouldn't be surprised if the two prove to be my northern brethren posing as nihonese.

post-5990-1244862930.jpg

Or Japanese gangsters peddling NK forgeries. :unsure:

or japanese gangsters who're actually ethnic koreans with japanese names posing as ethnic japanese while doing it for the nor'korean man. (cue ninja icon: :ph34r:)

but i do like the counterfeit angle. very NK. very noss.

Hey Doc does that make you think DEFLATION before inflation ? Jim Shepherd is pounding the table about a deflationary death spiral about to start. FWIW. He thinks the CPI and PPI are going to start the ball rolling downhill. TradeSafe

Commods might be the lee ding indicator for 'flation / deflation.

If the levered momo gets out of hand in earl & softs, then 'flation 'flation 'flation, [of the cost push variety].

No relationship to demand.

Commods might be the lee ding indicator for 'flation / deflation.

If the levered momo gets out of hand in earl & softs, then 'flation 'flation 'flation, [of the cost push variety].

No relationship to demand.

Maybe the World will keep on adjusting to China. Everything they have in excess will go down in price and everything they need will go up.

They have lots of workers willing to work for nothing, including some qualified workers = Wages down. They have plenty of savings and foreign currency = Diminishing returns on capital. They produce entry level consumer products = prices down on "chinese trinckets".

They need commodities = any commodity with tight supply will go through the roof.

Doc! The link to my modest blog from your glorious tabloid is lost after that unfortunate hack. Please, help me not to be lost!

I'll try to get that fixed next week. It's been crazy trying to keep up with my work.

Dear Jickiss,

re CDE

Years ago I bought CDE back in the high 3s, rode it up to the interminable 4-5 range as silver rallied, and finally, in frustration and disgust posted on this board that it was a dog, that I was selling, and good riddance.

Trouble is that forgot to enter the actual order, and then rode it down to hell.

Back in the 70 or 80 cent area, I quintupled my position and then rode it back up to breakeven. When I read about the reverse split, I dumped everything, and made sure I actually filled the order. Now I'm out.

I've done no due diligence, no homework... all have been pure lazy trades for low stakes. I know nothing about the company, its management, its business, its risks or its ownership. But for years I wondered about the stock's apparent reluctance to track the price of silver upward. To me, the 10-1 reverse split had a certain odor of the old bulletin board "plays," and given that I'd lost money in the past, I bailed. As of Friday's close, that decision to sell was profitable.

If you've done your homework and are confident that your "stock of the year" isn't a good ole p&d, then more power to you. To me at the time reverse split, especially 10:1, seemed to carry the waft of major shareholders looking to add some racetrack to sell into, squeeze out some minority shareholders, etc., etc. Or not. wtfdik. And as our coat of arms here says, "we don't know, and neither do they." But those were my worries, and I don't currently have a position.

However, if you *have* done your homework, then I'm sure many here would appreciate knowing more about what would characterize this one as a, or the, "stock of the year."

Your colleague and admirer,

G. Fokker

Archived