Talk about real money, I wonder where you cash these in? :lol:

US government securities seized from Japanese nationals, not clear whether real or fake

Bonds worth US$ 134.5 billion are seized. This is the largest financial smuggling case in history. But are they real? Concern over ‘funny money’ or counterfeit securities is spreading in Asia. The international press is silent.

AT

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimi, here's some horizontal & trend lines and apexes. This rally looks over in a strictly charting sense, to my eye. SPX is lagging the SOW a bit in that it hasn't hit the upper trendline yet.

post-2253-1244766067_thumb.png

post-2253-1244766077_thumb.png

More in the UFB category :blink:

Tories call in Mounties over mint's missing millions

CHRISTOPHER PIKE FOR THE TORONTO STAR

Employees work June 8, 2009 at the Royal Canadian Mint in Ottawa, where there are worries security could have been breached following the revelation that a large amount of precious metals recorded on the books is missing. The mint uses gold, silver, platinum and palladium in its operations.

Canada's money-makers can't find tens of millions in precious metals that are shown on the books

Jun 09, 2009 03:05 PM

The Star

US government securities seized from Japanese nationals, not clear whether real or fake

Bonds worth US$ 134.5 billion are seized. This is the largest financial smuggling case in history. But are they real? Concern over ‘funny money’ or counterfeit securities is spreading in Asia. The international press is silent.

AT

I wonder if that story is true. Why would an Asian news site be based in Itly.

Radio Free Wall Street 6/11/09

Lee Adler and Aaron Krowne discuss the truth behind the economic news. Will the Fed’s policy result in a Weimar scenario?

Subscribers only. Enter your login when prompted. Not a subscriber? Click here to listen to a free extended preview. To subscribe and hear this podcast right now, click here!

audio_mp3_button.png Radio Free Wall Street Podcast 6/11/09 [49:04m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download

Free sample podcast. Hear the 7/29/08 podcast. How did we do? Click here to listen and while you are doing that, subscribe!

Or listen to any podcast prior to March 2009. Click here for archive. Be surprised!

I know it is TOTALLY bad form to answer one's own posts....butt here I go...

I've also noticed that there is a potential head and shoulders forming on the indecies.....If one projects the result (ASSuming a right shoulder forms) then a 50% retrace from these rally highs would be very close to the result of a H&S pullback..Very neat...maybe too neat and a setup from the pigmen.... <_<

Some think the spx looks like a cup & handle here

http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html

061109a.gif

jick-

I posted the following item yesterday in response to your post on GS. Notice the divergence between the stock price and the On Balance Volume. Not sure if you noticed, hence I am reposting. Could someone enlighten me if the On Balance Volume has been of help in your experience?.

OBV is a useless anomaly IMO .. Wouldn't give 'er the time of day. But that's just my opinion & bitter experience. Trading is hard. Trading with OBV is harder. :ph34r:

AT

I saw a story 2 or 4 years ago about a trillion worth of UST securities seized in OZ, and never heard anything about it again. I am not even sure the Treasury actually prints securities anymore except savings bonds and some other minor issues. Hopefully someone can say something about this. It's funny but I imagine nothing shouts fake today like a real financial security in paper form.

This flation thing in commodities and real things is starting to be a real big deal.

The airlines are getting set to go into crisis again according to the news. Many citizens too but they don't count.

Watchin' the blackest clouds I have ever seen movin' in over the lake...lightning goin' off every few seconds now.

Looks like we about to get a dose of Peek's action.....

Gonna shut down the puters for while. ..

Lightning storms in Texas were beautiful to watch, especially if you had an unobstructed view of the west. I know this will sound dangerous, but I used to love taking a 6-pack up on the roof and watching a good lightning storm. The best view was at a friends house who lived on Lake Belton and had a southwestern view off of a 60' cliff over the lake. You could watch a storm roll-in for 30 minutes before it ever reached you.

I miss it - you don't get that kind of show here in Chicago.

Answering my own question.

The United States has not issued bearer securities since 1982, completing a process started in 1966. $7.5 million in Treasury securities were "mislaid" by one of the Federal Reserve banks in 1962, which started the move to book entry.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Dear bundys_dodge:

indeed, your chart is most excellent, but, in the (limited) experience of using that indicator, it does not seem to work as well as it did back in the "Old Days." (thimk the early to mid 80s.)

Doc says that price matters more than indicators.....mayhaps Doc can answer your question.

meanwhile, bundys_, can you post some charts of FAZ for us to view. your jickiss is long FAZ, but the Real Question is this: Will da Bonks and GS crash, enabling the RIFIN to collapse, so that FAZ can go back to, let's say, $54.40????

well?????

send more charts, pls....England Expects....

ps.

Where are you, Trader Joe??? Hurry up and post more....did the roof shed water????? will you shed the slings and barbs like a Jersey dude? England and Tony Expect!!!!!

regards to all,

especially to all them that are Tough Enough to look the imposters in the eye and LAUGH!

jickiss!!!!!!!

jick-

Please find below the chart of FAZ showing OBV divergence. But for this item to multiply roughly 12 fold to reach your target, I am not sure that will be possible. For argument's sake let's say this item increases 5% every day. This will have to compound over 50 days to come close to your target! As you very well know this is not a real stock, it is a dang derivative.

post-6755-1244774403_thumb.png

Lightning storms in Texas were beautiful to watch, especially if you had an unobstructed view of the west. I know this will sound dangerous, but I used to love taking a 6-pack up on the roof and watching a good lightning storm. The best view was at a friends house who lived on Lake Belton and had a southwestern view off of a 60' cliff over the lake. You could watch a storm roll-in for 30 minutes before it ever reached you.

I miss it - you don't get that kind of show here in Chicago.

I am lucky enough to have a 180 unobstructed western view of Lake Travis....

Laser Rock got nuthin' on the show I just witnessed!

Some of the fattest lightning strikes I've ever seen. Here is one I managed to catch a few min ago. I circled some large houses for reference size. And there were ones much bigger.

Archived