To everything, churn churn churn

Chicago is a great city. Great people. Small town feel with Big City benefits.

Agree with this. I went and saw a Dodger-Cubs game at wrigley field once, it's an awesome place for a ballgame. One of the L lines drops you off a block away from the stadium. All the museums and gardens are cool too. Very nice place, lots of history.

Very corrupt politics though, worse than California.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
California has a 21 billion budget deficit again. Voters voted down all the schemes. Time to cut hard and deep.

Is anyone talking about default? What percent of the budget is debt service? I'm not quite getting why this isn't a bigger story.

I can't find the numbers, maybe Doc has them, but I'm guessing the Treasury will have to borrow at least $800 billion by Sept 30. That is figuring they have already done one trillion of the $1.8 fiscal year projection. Hell, they might have to borrow or print two trillion by then and who knows maybe they can pull it off. Place your bets.

Now the rumor is the government is going to take over outright the 'good' parts of GM. Even if this was somehow a good idea it isn't going to fly politically. It's an insane political move which I suspect shows how desperate they really are.

All in all looks like a good setup for a melt up. Like a mad minute when a platoon was surrounded in the jungle and the unfriendlies had the high ground. Deciding to just shoot everything they had all at once because at least for that one mad minute they would be alive.

Archived