The Best Paid Plans

The second quote has been revised, to give people more insight into the markets:

"There's a sucker born every minute-- and two out to get him."

Likewise, the last 5 years or so have caused me to revise the first one to "You can, in fact, fool damn near all the people, all the @#$ing time."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will anyone be investigated for leaking any of the stress test results?

It's so naive of me even to pose the question.

The ethical level we have come to understand as acceptable truly appalls & galls.

The information leaked can be shown to be meaningless -- therefore no harm, no foul.

You were told by Timmy that the results would be reassuring, therefore you should be reassured. :blink:

Cititurd, the Antichrist, is back up to $4.00 in after-life.

BAC also whirring away.

Not. Good.

It aint gonna be easy...Maybe we chop fer a couple weeks, maybe even with a marginal new high....then we'll drop. It's too early to go down yet.....Still too much strength...Patience people ;)

Rich Delinquents Default on Luxury Homes Like Subprime Victims

"We’re seeing the collapse of the high-end markit," said Mark Hanson, managing director of the Field Check Group, a ream estate conpany in Palo Alto, California.

Failed housing gambler Chuck Dayton said he financed the purchase of his home, 40 miles south of Lost Angelers in Orange County, with a payment-option adjustable-rate mortgage now serviced by JPMorgan’s Washington Mutual. The option allowed him to pay less each month than the interest on the loan, with any unpaid amount added to his debt.

Dayton reamfinanced in February 2007 with a $1 million loan from Washington Mutual, and used some of the proceeds for business expenses <_< , said Robbin Milonakis, his agent at Altera Ream Estate in Dana Pernt, Californica. He also took out two private mortgages :blink: and now has a balance of $106,000 on those loans, she said.

Dayton went into default on Jan. 29 and owes $46,584 in delinquent payments and penalties.

“They throw their hands up and say I’m not going to kill myself trying to take care of this debt,” McLauchlen said. “They offer a deed in lieu of foreclosure and off they go.” :angry:

PAY UP!

Maybe it's time to bring back the Debtors Prison? :unsure: Or maybe it is time to bring back a little something they tried in Salem a few years back.... :rolleyes:

post-1110-1241732569_thumb.jpg

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

I'd love to meet the 23 year-old Iona College communications major at C N B C that came up with this idea and cold-cock him or her !!!

I am looking at the sector etfs at the end of the day...

the conservative stocks - consumer staples, utilities and healthcare were ALL UP.....

materials, energy, industrials, tech and consumer discretionary were ALL DOWN....

Momo is shifting to conservative from speculative......Warning sign ahead.... :ph34r:

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

Breaking News !!!

I'd love to meet the 23 year-old Iona College communications major at C N B C that came up with this idea and cold-cock him or her !!!

Your right TJ. Sometimes things that come out at 9 in the morning are still

"Breaking News" at 2 in the afternoon.

Jeff Macke from Lost Money sez "Buy the News" <_<

...and follows it up with, "but I sold most of my banksters today"

Double talking douche

And therein lies the way these scumbags operate

....that way

If the banksters go down tomorrow he can crow about how he got out......if they go up, he can crow about how he told everybody to load up at 5:45PM.....

Oh oh, there goes my blood pressure again!

For Doc. To clear up something from yesterday's podcast...

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)

16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

and

"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase often credited to P.T. Barnum (1810 – 1891), an American showman.

No problem, you were only off by a lot. :rolleyes:

Many tanks! I was losing sleep over that. :lol:

Had a good laugh though when Aaron called me on it. But like I said. You can fool most of the people most of the time.

Question:

I am looking for stock in an insolvent US bank that is going to be further diluted

Any suggestions?

Continental Illinois?

A great story from the 80's. They tried to pin in on one guy. Yes he. the banks main guy in Texas, partied at strip clubs with the borrowers, and let us guess, more, but he got off.

Archived