Monthy Digger - May 2009

I think trading range until the Fall when we begin the pm melt up in earnest. Still bagholding all the physical. Anybody like this?

ung has been one tough hombre, if you look @long term charts of ng, 3 has really good long term support. http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?showtopic=104203

although i think we rally to 1k here , i dont think the real move starts 3of3 until sept-october. then new highs and recognition phase sets in. that will be 18months from the highs of 3/08-consolidation/correction. even though it is apparent that the financial world is crumbling, it takes time for the gold price to adjust to the new reality. patience grasshopper. the rewards are coming in spades.

dharma

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting chart on time to total depletion of various resources:

post-2047-1241390059_thumb.jpg

Source

You have to be very careful with these estimates. For example with Silver, which I love, but whose reserves are certainly larger than shown. If you look at the USGS annual mineral estimates, the amount of silver left does not drop one year per year as you go forward; reserves are constantly added. Many mines just follow veins, and just report one year to go. Some day they will be right, but it's one year to go for years before that happens, and there is no reason to go drilling for drilling's sake.

"FRG.to" - Dump the spike above 3.30 or be prepared to pay tuition...yet again.

FCX has been running energies are waking up tells me a war is in the works. The miners don't necessarily have to retrace here unless manipulation comes into play. A little more talk of tightening short sells and ending unregulated hedge funds and their instruments then...............

I read where one miner was going to lower production to extend the life of the mine since financing is not available not a bad plan.

I don't understand price enthusiasm for TCK as they sell off mines and oil sands to pay down debt so it's time to dump it or at least take some more profits. TCK and NG (whadda pair) have a joint venture at Galore Creek that sits idle. I still think NG is a sleeper.

I don't watch the show anymore since Ratigan walked but little Timmy Seymour recommended TCK a few months ago at the bottom at around 3 bucks. Nice move off the lows huh?

Archived