"The Name's Al."

I would guess that as long as the Nat Gas futures are in a contango, the back months are higher than the nearby, the UNG will continue lower as the contracts are rolled. That is also the setup with USO. :rolleyes:

S'OK- I'm a true believer. I wrote some May and Junes today, where the premium is fatter. Maxpain is technically higher, but the contract volume's thin enough so it could land as easily at 14 as it could at 16.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
S'OK- I'm a true believer. I wrote some May and Junes today, where the premium is fatter. Maxpain is technically higher, but the contract volume's thin enough so it could land as easily at 14 as it could at 16.

UNG=POS

How do I know?

I gotz me plenty of it....

Only by the grace of God I hedged it buy selling July '09 OTM calls that paid for some OTM puts that got hit in the mid $20's

Still underwater....long term hold.....very long......I'll be adding more once it get's under $10

At those levels you should be able to continually write calls against it to provide income while you wait....as opposed to when it was in the $30's....where it just kept walking away

Hopefully the MSM will begin to catch on if they are not bought off. :ph34r:

Geithner's dirty little secret

By F William Engdahl

US Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner, in unveiling his long-awaited plan to put the US banking system back in order, has refused to tell the dirty little secret of the present financial crisis. By refusing to do so, he is trying to save de facto bankrupt US banks that threaten to bring the entire global system down in a new more devastating phase of wealth destruction.

The Geithner proposal, his so-called Public-Private Partnership Investment Program, or PPPIP, is not designed to restore a healthy lending system that would funnel credit to business and consumers. Rather it is yet another intricate scheme to pour even more hundreds of billions of dollars directly to the leading banks and Wall Street firms responsible for the current mess in world

AT

I am almost 100% certain that Jeff Macke from "Lost Money"....and one of the floor guys (forgot his name) are Stoolie lurkers.....on more than one occasion I have heard then quote verbatim certain IDS postings

if they slip on the air and use the term of art 'crapvision', then we will know!

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

like Holmes, decides to apply the 7% Solution to the Stock of the Year, CDE.

7% box by Four (Sign of the Four)

anybody here ever met a BSI?

meanwhile, study the following chart, and do note the target for price.

the 7% by 4 is a technique used to "Slow Down" time to measure potentials, helping to reduced the constant Chart Paint that CDE has to undergo, day by day......

jickiss!!!!!!!

post-1911-1239146874_thumb.png

UNG=POS

How do I know?

I gotz me plenty of it....

Only by the grace of God I hedged it buy selling July '09 OTM calls that paid for some OTM puts that got hit in the mid $20's

Still underwater....long term hold.....very long......I'll be adding more once it get's under $10

At those levels you should be able to continually write calls against it to provide income while you wait....as opposed to when it was in the $30's....where it just kept walking away

Yep- an investment is just a trade that hasn't yet panned out.

I think natgas is a winner - drives half the USA's electrical generation needs (at least as I recall from my reading of "The Long Emergency" a few years back), North America's infrastructure is fragile, and the price is cheap and keeps getting cheaper. I bought last at 38, then loaded up at 32 and unloaded most at 46, then held the rest all the way down to here, having bought a bit via naked put writes at 25. Below 14 (and now, as of today, below 13 in July), I'll be loaded back up. I'm all for owning it- unlike corporate equities, commodes don't go to zero- though I guess they can sit pretty close to it for years on end :ph34r: That's where your covered calls'll come in.

CEF is an easy way to preserve purchasing power long term. Buy it, put it away, and check the price in 15-20 years. IMVHO

Thanks for everyone's input on CEF,You guys are a great help!

:rolleyes:

I just wish I could sell calls on a position,no options available though.

Archived