Monthly Digger - April 2009

Mineset has an interesting note on ECB supplying Deutsche Bank with gold so it could make its physical deliveries [direct link].

Key ramifications:

1. "emptying the warehouse" is a fools game. If the entire ECB hoard is available for shorts who need it, they aren't going to run out anytime soon. Will the ECB bail out HSBC and Morgan? I'm sure some deal will be reached whereby the US taxpayer will subsidize the transfer.
  2. I understand that significant silver walked off the COMEX floor this month. The "bad guys" have far fewer options for replacing that.
  3. arbitrage, although beset by countless hurdles, is slowly chipping away at the "bad guys'" hoard. In the coming months, you will be able to buy (at a premium) bars or coins made from bullion that originated at the ECB. Drip, drip, drip ...

post-7379-1238794681_thumb.jpg

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wonder when/if they announce the imf sale of gold, i expect it to have a short term effect on the market and create a buying opportunity

dharma

I taught you waz in da choir?

Market is always anticipating. Nothing new.

Gold sales within the ongoing renewable agreement. Nothing new.

Sales spread out over a few years. Nothing new.

So many willing recipients (with favors owed) that it will never hit the market. Nothing new.

A mere few billion. A bug in the bucket. Nothing new.

Waiting in my corner....

post-1744-1238811393.jpg

Charmin you might be interested in O'Brien's current take on the Gold. 850 or maybe 810. Complex looks pretty weak right now. But you already knew that. Since April 4th is the 6 year anniversary of the 2003 $316 spot low we might get a turn Monday-Tuesday. $30 bucks down wouldn't surprise me. Silver doesn't hold $12.40 on a break look out below.

I taught you waz in da choir?

Market is always anticipating. Nothing new.

Gold sales within the ongoing renewable agreement. Nothing new.

Sales spread out over a few years. Nothing new.

So many willing recipients (with favors owed) that it will never hit the market. Nothing new.

A mere few billion. A bug in the bucket. Nothing new.

Waiting in my corner....

post-1744-1238811393.jpg

over the last 30years of doing this, whenever the imf announces gold sales are announced, the market swoons for a few days. and yes, the gold never hits the spot market. dharma

over the last 30years of doing this, whenever the imf announces gold sales are announced, the market swoons for a few days. and yes, the gold never hits the spot market. dharma

Ah but I read that eventually that gold is going to come to us as one ounce coins at 8% markup :rolleyes:

Charmin you might be interested in O'Brien's current take on the Gold. 850 or maybe 810. Complex looks pretty weak right now. But you already knew that. Since April 4th is the 6 year anniversary of the 2003 $316 spot low we might get a turn Monday-Tuesday. $30 bucks down wouldn't surprise me. Silver doesn't hold $12.40 on a break look out below.

And just when I was hoping to see some shorts get slaughtered.

China markets are closed Monday for Tomb Sweeping day, so it will be interesting to see what gold actually does without their presence.

Canadian Gold Index:

I trade the Canadian double index ETF's ---- HGU.TO and HGD.TO.

They're based on this index.

Looks like we could see a bounce to 320 followed by a dip to 260-80.

post-1352-1238959103_thumb.png

Trading the goldies for 30 yrs?

Friggin lunatic. :)

Barely a decade for Grinch with only a bald head and a bad temper to show for it. (Might have been the kids)

I will be reading your posts in a different light.

NOTHING trumps experience.

I see bullion as a no-brainer.

Da goldies are a brain destroyer.

If you can successfully trade that crap, you can trade anything.

This is the only sector I understand. The most volatile, ball-breaking, misunderstood and probably manipulated roller-coasters of the decade. I love the underlying wildness of the variables. I love the hatred!

What a hoot. The best is in front of us.

I'm sitting on a triple in bullion since I started. ($CAN) Huge position.

Only a 2.5 in da goldies. (because of the long learning curve). Small position.

These stocks are bean stalks. They can go where no others have gone before.

I MUST always own them. (expensive stupidity. "Trading" involves selling)

The multiples that await are coming....I just know it....

post-1744-1238986419.jpg

Could be some short-term hardship ahead. No cake-walks for the prepared. Obama is a master hypnotist. A decent guy, and a brilliant orator. He really believes that his actions are just. I believe that HE is just. So do many others.

I do not, however, believe in his economic abilities. He is making things worse. Without knowing it. Sad.

This realization might take time. Or it may be already realized.

Still waiting......

Trading the goldies for 30 yrs?

Friggin lunatic. :)

Barely a decade for Grinch with only a bald head and a bad temper to show for it. (Might have been the kids)

I will be reading your posts in a different light.

NOTHING trumps experience.

I see bullion as a no-brainer.

Da goldies are a brain destroyer.

If you can successfully trade that crap, you can trade anything.

This is the only sector I understand. The most volatile, ball-breaking, misunderstood and probably manipulated roller-coasters of the decade. I love the underlying wildness of the variables. I love the hatred!

What a hoot. The best is in front of us.

I'm sitting on a triple in bullion since I started. ($CAN) Huge position.

Only a 2.5 in da goldies. (because of the long learning curve). Small position.

These stocks are bean stalks. They can go where no others have gone before.

I MUST always own them. (expensive stupidity. "Trading" involves selling)

The multiples that await are coming....I just know it....

post-1744-1238986419.jpg

Could be some short-term hardship ahead. No cake-walks for the prepared. Obama is a master hypnotist. A decent guy, and a brilliant orator. He really believes that his actions are just. I believe that HE is just. So do many others.

I do not, however, believe in his economic abilities. He is making things worse. Without knowing it. Sad.

This realization might take time. Or it may be already realized.

Still waiting......

in my 30years of trading, i have not seen a bull market end any other way but a parabolic blowoff. so i agree w/you the best is ahead, and i also know that @some point, i havent a clue when, folks who trade will miss most of the move. and @some point gold in the ground will be valued @imaginative prices. all this is dead ahead, my guess is wave 5.(we are in wave 3here). it takes time and a great deal of patience. my attention is on the market, and that is where i intend on keeping it. i think jim sinclair is correct when he says gold is your lifeline.

from sept 79-gold 400ish to january 211980-875 gold. many experienced folks missed the move. and when gold crashed and they changed the game, one could only sell silver. folks sold their miners, only to watch them go up another 40%on average over the next 8-9months. mining was seen as a good profitable biz

i am a broken record

dharma

Archived