Polesmoked

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what freaked me out today is that the vix did not budge.what do we need for people to panic,600 point decline?or maybe more!

I guess they know al is in the futures pits bailin them out each nite screaming"buy mortimer buy!"

Actually, I take the VIX non-movement as extremely encouraging to the bearish case, since it tends to peak at important bottoms. A 20 point SPX downmove when the VIX barely budges means we have a lot more downside.

Da bulls are very complacent considering how far we've fallen. Remember all the panic we had here from the bears after the October rally? I don't see that kind of panic from the bulls. As I'm still short, I think that's great -- it means most of them have yet to sell.

what freaked me out today is that the vix did not budge.what do we need for people to panic,600 point decline?or maybe more!

I guess they know al is in the futures pits bailin them out each nite screaming"buy mortimer buy!"

Actually, I take the VIX non-movement as extremely encouraging to the bearish case, since it tends to peak at important bottoms. A 20 point SPX downmove when the VIX barely budges means we have a lot more downside.

Da bulls are very complacent considering how far we've fallen. Remember all the panic we had here from the bears after the October rally? I don't see that kind of panic from the bulls. As I'm still short, I think that's great -- it means most of them have yet to sell.

I agree. Not that should mean anything. go buy and die. (just thought that up). I like it. Buy and die!

Try to fit that on a vanity plate

Tim Ord's Comments:

Possible "Last Engulfing" pattern confirmed today.

McClellan Oscillator down -200, which is only obtained twice a year.

Percent Volume Indicator also below 35%, which usually signals a short term bottom.

Bob Carver believes that the Nasdaq 100 is forming a perfect saucer bottom.

All this surrounding Buddha's January 31 turn date tomorrow.

So we could blast out of here tomorrow, thanks to the current Asian jamming and the Futures jamming.

I agree 100% that it is bearish.I just find it incredible that it is now assumed a bounce is always around the corner(it has been lately).I think we need a vix reading north of 100 in this bear market to ultimately bottom.

when they finally do start to panic,I think we could go far lower than even most on this board think.the S&p will see at least 600 before this is all over at a minimum imo.( we could easily see alot lower than that)

Don't forget the new moon on Saturday morning. Could produce a sharp pop either Friday or Monday.

In any case, it's usually volatile. But with VIX at 36 (nearly two-and-a-half times the market's long-term average of 15% volatility), we knew that already.

These sustained, freakishly-high VIX readings will occupy finance professors for years to come. Because when VIX is twice as high as it should be, the reward-risk ratio (Sharpe ratio) gets chopped in half. And the advice to "buy equities for the long term" may not apply anymore.

VIX didn't exist in the 1930s (neither did options), but it probably would have averaged around 50 to 60 during 1931, with occasional spikes into the low and mid hundreds during those 5% to 10% daily moves.

NO more doors songs for YOU.

Those of you who want to contact me can.

Wndy you blow the "bull" behind the stage door.

You are scared at being bearish and at this stage of the game that is NOT allowed.

If you change your mind, i will be glad to pump all stoolie's full o' lyrics, but, since that is all i add, i don't matter anyway. Phuc it.

Hi, my name is Michael and i'm a BEAR.

I'll be back at dow 6,000 and howl.

Good bye.

STOP paying attention to Tim ord. That really got me.

Just an observation.

This morning after the gdp ? consensus was .9 to 1.0 % -- futures should?ve tanked. Instead they went up and before the bell last I saw was up 54 and change.

Now the funny thing is when the futures are up this much, when the bell goes off the dow should be up within seconds to a minute near where the futures were. The dow and everthing paused and actually went down and really struggled to get up just a point.

This to me indicates da boyz really had their hands in this morning preventing the power slide. Ultimately they failed. You can see they are getting weaker and weaker which means this baby is toast city.

The futures are a good indicator for the morning rush, but there was fungus among us this morning. You can feel the panic is setting in. Da boyz will have a hell of a lot of explaining to do.

CYA

Archived