Stick Save at 6500

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, looking back at the charts...SPX support at 680 held at the end of the day....That is to be respected...We go up until we hit resistance....maybe 717...maybe 741...maybe 770...We won't know until we get there.....We have positive divies on the short term charts...and negative divies on the VIX charts....So...It all makes sense.....I don't mean to doubt any of the traders here....I'm just from Missouri... :rolleyes: And I still can't get over Carl Futia FINALLY being correct - of course I expect a fade of Cramer..... <_<

post-1110-1236383274.gif

Okay, (much time passed) I finally realized what that bear was actually doing.

Appalling! :lol: :o

i've yet to run my scan for these, but they appear to be all over the charts tonight...

Doji's are reversal candlesticks. They and are formed when the security opens and closes at the same level, implying indecision in the stock price. Depending on the length of the shadows and location, doji's can be devided into the such formations as: doji, long legged-doji, butterfly doji, gravestone doji, 4 price doji, etc. Doji's become more significant when seen after an extended rally of long bodied candles (bullish or bearish) and are confirmed with an engulfing.

Single Candle Patterns

i've yet to run my scan for these, but they appear to be all over the charts tonight...

Doji's are reversal candlesticks. They and are formed when the security opens and closes at the same level, implying indecision in the stock price. Depending on the length of the shadows and location, doji's can be devided into the such formations as: doji, long legged-doji, butterfly doji, gravestone doji, 4 price doji, etc. Doji's become more significant when seen after an extended rally of long bodied candles (bullish or bearish) and are confirmed with an engulfing.

Single Candle Patterns

You mean like 18 days down with almost no bounces, like on the Trannies now...one of the longest such slides on record...

I would still not be surprised if we get one last vertical slide if the rally fails on Monday, but if Monday is big and hard up with good breadth, da bear may bear ready for a breather....

You mean like 18 days down with almost no bounces, like on the Trannies now...one of the longest such slides on record...

I would still not be surprised if we get one last vertical slide if the rally fails on Monday, but if Monday is big and hard up with good breadth, da bear may bear ready for a breather....

Agreed.

For some who have gotten too bearish, sometimes it helps to step back and take a look at what a bounce to 780ish here might look like in the bigger picture (hint: not much)...

The good news is (if my count is right), bears should have one more shot to pick up around 200 SPX points. That's a LOT of chicken.

post-160-1236389802_thumb.png

I still have this itch that says maybe the 5th wave extends... but that won't be answerable until after the bounce is over. And I hope that itch is wrong, because it would mean absolute economic devastation...

Interestingly, the trannies had a similar run to this this 2 month swing down in 2000. They started down on 1/11/00, and made final bottom on 3/7/00, and then had a huge rally back up to resistance at 200 day (and also 900 day in this case).

In this case we started down on 1/7/09, and now sit at 3/6/09, so run has been just hair longer time wise...

OK, looking back at the charts...SPX support at 680 held at the end of the day....That is to be respected...We go up until we hit resistance....maybe 717...maybe 741...maybe 770...We won't know until we get there.....We have positive divies on the short term charts...and negative divies on the VIX charts....So...It all makes sense.....I don't mean to doubt any of the traders here....I'm just from Missouri... :rolleyes: And I still can't get over Carl Futia FINALLY being correct - of course I expect a fade of Cramer..... <_<

post-1110-1236383274.gif

Posted on: Jul 21 2005, 07:58 PM

"I am telling you guys - watching Cramer last night was surreal. I mean, all those sheoples cramed into that studio like a bunch of lepers and infirm into a church trying to get healed by some charasmatic. It was like some kind of revival at a cult or something. They had this trance-like-gleem in their eyes as they cheered their messiah on, seeking divination and wisdom. That scene was indicative of the larger conscious, of the whole flock of sheoples - reminiscent of the final hours before hundreds drank of the poison cool-aide." Psyche Doctor.

Interestingly, the trannies had a similar run to this this 2 month swing down in 2000. They started down on 1/11/00, and made final bottom on 3/7/00, and then had a huge rally back up to resistance at 200 day (and also 900 day in this case).

In this case we started down on 1/7/09, and now sit at 3/6/09, so run has been just hair longer time wise...

post-510-1236390790.jpg

well the fraudexes painted nice dojis on the daily charts. if ym takes out 6745, it might have trouble around 6859 - 6876. gold found support around 900 and looks poised to continue the upward voyage. got my eye on the yen crosses for next week.

actually the scan i have readily available is supposed to be a turn finder - and so includes a tight range as 1 criteria, so it only output 100 symbols from a universe ~7000...suspect there's many more with broader price variance...but in example...

(TRYING TO LIMIT THIS TO SOME MORE WELL KNOWN :blink: )

potential upside reversals

DIA & DVY, SPY, AKAM, ALB, ANSS, AZN , BRO, CAKE, CL, CPB, ED,EMN,EWJ,EWS,FISV,GILD,GOOG, GR,HAS,IBB,IWM,

(bunch of iShare index funds),MSFT,NKE, NTT, ORCL, PG, SDY,SPLS,TBT (!), WAG, XLB.XLP.XLU

there were less but potential downside reversals

AUO,BJ, BRCM,CEF,DOG,EWT,NSANY,PAAS, PFE,QLGC,RDS.A & .B, SH,SLV, SPIL, TLT,

sorry to prattle on about it, BUTT it's the weekend, most are drunk already :rolleyes:

Archived