Monthly Digger - March 2009

Smith you didn't list marijuana not that you can eat it but is the largest cash crop in California, legal or illegal, about 4th place in the US overall. Stoners will argue that to much money and manpower is wasted eradicating weed esp. when including ulta low THC producing ditchweed which by the way is/was a good source for ethanol. Of course, California wants to tax dope and Congress won't allow hemp or sugar beets for that matter to compete with corn(ahol) which is high in moisture content and bad for engines.

Then the fresh water situation (Sinclair called that one early, again) has San Diego (we're a virtual desert with under 10 inches a year) building a de-salting plant for 2012 which will produce more fresh water in a year than all the dams and reservoirs in San Diego County hold, still only 10% of yearly needs. Long beach has a de-salting plant but pumps the fresh water into the aquifers (underground) because the citizens don't approve of drinking it. On that note, San Diego, esp. the city of Santee has been reclaiming some sewer water for fresh water but again citizens refuse to drink it so it is used as irrigation water (landscape) piped in stand alone plumbing (purple piping) so not to mix with city water pipes. On top of that the EPA, via the Courts, demanded San Diego discharging any waste/sewer water into the ocean (2 mile pipeline out to sea) be about 90% pure water so as not to kill the fishies. Recently Scripps Institution of Oceanography reported that any sediment remaining in the discharge would enhance marine life thus preventing the Courts from demanding 100% pure water discharge and avoiding enforcing millions of dollars in fines.

GOE chart could be front running, it's about time. Other currencies/gold chart ratio like the Euro acting the same if not worse during this meltdown.

Dollar is still up so profits to cash not a bad move, never hurts to realize profits.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just ordered this water purifier on a m2m recommendation.

The one you can pee in? :lol:

The panic is spreading.

Today I asked Mrs. Grinch what she thought about stockpiling rice and chopsticks.

Not much of a gun enthusiast. But, hey, why shouldn't I go for the trifecta? (foil bonnet and all).

Things are way beyond anything that my pointy head could have ever dreamed up.

Wasn't able to part with any of my juniors. Still all barely green and just so damned cute. Breaking even is a sign of genius these days, no? (still too chicken to pull the trigger on oil).

The big tomale is in the bullion price. Where half my wealth resides. This will make me or break me.

Too late to quit now. Although I think of exit strategies daily. (wall of worry). Just can't see viable alternatives, so worry is my future.

Thank god for the great buds whada has been mailing me. :lol:

Where is our beloved Goober?

C.G : Ground control to major Tom...

post-1744-1235977269.jpg

That's always been my biggest fear, after holding for these nine years it would be my luck to be out and miss the takeoff!! ;)

Your fear is good. When the fear dissipates you might be getting close. Watching the board since 02 makes you ahead of the trend.

My fear is holding too long. The take-off is in full progress. Not in terms of essentially worthless paper

but rather productive assets that are falling in value. Opportunity cost is becoming an interesting consideration.

I am also a decade holder whose profits are now in the "pig" territory. What to do?

It is my "belief" that the blow-off stage is still before us. Greed is keeping me here. Exiting will be difficult and the window brief. Few will get it right.

Good luck, lucy. ;)

I few thoughts to which I have no answers

I believe the blow off will be in jan 2010

If you sell the shares do you keep the paper or go physical all the way ?

If you sell shares and physical what do you do with the paper ? Keep it in dollars ? Euro ? Rupees ?

My current thinking is since volatility is going to be huge to have a base portfolio and a trading portfolio on top of that

To accumulate gold into april and to sell paper down in jan 2010 and start selling some gold to buy luxuries

I do not think gold is going to go down all the way but let us say we reach 3000 and it drops back to 1500 are we willing to live with that and if not will there be an alternative at the time . I am 62 so land or houses is no alternative also since the belgian system makes for 20% plus cost to flip a house

Attached the weekly chart . Like I said this week I am in trading selling mode since I do not want to lose 20% on the full amount I hold . ( If it goes up we will allways have NOT enough shares/gold if it goes down we will ALWAYS have too much even in a 20% correction )

post-1584-1235990589_thumb.png

Way OT, but...:

Weed: Ahh yes, quite the cash crop. Legalize and tax it, done. Californica must experience extreme pain before their need for cash will trump their hard stance on it. Same thing for prostitution. All efforts to squash these markets have failed for all of mankind .. they will always exist so may as well make it safer and spread the wealth. How about we put all of the drug cartels out of business and do away with the black markets & violence...it could be done. Is not alcohol as worse if not more so than these other drugs? As a boy I saw alchololism everyday...but also saw it finally cured and the healing process that is possible.

Water purifer: That's the one! :)

Your diligence will be rewarded. When in doubt, sit tight w/ ole yeller!!!

I too rest easy w/ physical that is going no where.

I noticed short-etfs were being offered as advice this morning on the idiot box...hmm...we are certainly very near a bounce in the broads.

I few thoughts to which I have no answers

I believe the blow off will be in jan 2010

it may start then, but i am looking a little later in the cycle.

If you sell the shares do you keep the paper or go physical all the way ?

last time, fwiw, the shares peaked 9months after the metal. the longer gold stays @high levels the more the miners make. and the higher the explorers metal in the ground is speculated to be worth.

If you sell shares and physical what do you do with the paper ? Keep it in dollars ? Euro ? Rupees ?

man, that is the tough question. from here i am thinking that buying companies that do things i believe in will be a great investment

My current thinking is since volatility is going to be huge to have a base portfolio and a trading portfolio on top of that

To accumulate gold into april and to sell paper down in jan 2010 and start selling some gold to buy luxuries

volatility is going to be off the charts. i fully expect whatever the limit moves are, to be achieved. 50 in a day?! 100 in a day.

it takes alot of discipline. its not easy

I do not think gold is going to go down all the way but let us say we reach 3000 and it drops back to 1500 are we willing to live with that and if not will there be an alternative at the time . I am 62 so land or houses is no alternative also since the belgian system makes for 20% plus cost to flip a house

i am 62 also, i may buy another place. the world will look alot different when the gold move reaches its full expression. and stocks are in the gutter.

Attached the weekly chart . Like I said this week I am in trading selling mode since I do not want to lose 20% on the full amount I hold . ( If it goes up we will allways have NOT enough shares/gold if it goes down we will ALWAYS have too much even in a 20% correction )

this all depends on ones nature. some folks can sit, others are too uncomfortable. i started in this biz as a futures trader. after studying ta and reading jesse. i have learned to sit. no matter what ones style the key is to be on the bull when the recognition phase takes hold. and buckle up

thanks for this provacative.

my thinking is a constant evolving process. i believe that the corrupt financial system that we are currently in needs to change. and it will, as painful as it may be. dharma

Tx dharma

I forgot but you are right in 1980 the South African mines shot up for another 6 months like . After gold was on its way down allready . I am good on sitting and waiting since I sat on echo bay i bought before 1999 and i sat it down all of 90% doubling up 4 times and finelly selling down to a normal position at 30% gain . I am also good at discipline . I did option trading twice in my life . What killed me and which I have overcome now is the idea I had to be fully invested at all times.

I gave up the idea of opportunity loss . If I miss a tenbagger ok I miss a tenbagger which is better then loosing 90% .

I am pretty sure Belgium is going nuclear elctricity again since that is the only way they can meet the co2 guidelines to which they comitted . So I do not believe in alt energy . It rains nearly every second day and we drink purified river water and purified groundwater ; so I do not believe in water techonology . I hate genetically modified organisms so that is out .

Only leaves me life stock and veggies

Ageka: I think I read where you have a 45% tax rate if true is that a flat rate? plus vat in your neck of the woods?

No it is a progressive system . Like up to 1000 euro income from work you pay nothing and then 10% etc

As an engineer after ten years of work I got in the 52% overall tax bracket with 65% for any salary raises

On top of that there is city tax varying from city to city around 8% and general Value added tax 6% on food and like

19% on most things . Then there are taxes on waste and water and houses and ground and of course solidarity in all shapes and forms . When I cashed out my pension plan I paid like 22% taxes but h? I made that back in goldshares

What you do not see is that the boss pays 75% of gross salary directly into social security insurance

So the boss pays 175 and you take 48 home to buy all those Vatted products . Heaviest tax is on gazoline and alcohol

I think these days a corporation pays 33% taxes but then again with a good accountant and write offs they can probably limit the taxable amount .

On the bright side we have no capital gains tax ( probably because only the rich friends have capital ) but they take 15% tax on income from bonds and fixed intrest vehicles .

All things paper going down .. didn't have that in the playbook, heh. Speaking of options I am holding my nose and buying some FAS/DIG April calls...oy veh!

I've got that I'm the dumb money feeling. Turns are such a pain..timing so critical as things get most violent at the very end. Hmm hmm hmm. Picked up some DXO and am just sitting tight.

Archived