Monthly Digger - December 2008

Minefinders Announces $40,020,000 Bought Deal

Tuesday December 2, 7:52 am ET

I see that minefinders went down 10% on the news but the bought deal looks not to bad in price and conditions So I do not understand why they are selling the shares ? Anybody have an idea ? or is it just the kneejerk reaction to more shares for the same mine

http://biz.yahoo.com/ccn/081202/200812020500628001.html?.v=1

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know we dont discuss commodities here. however i was looking @some charts this am . and am struck by the similarity of 2001-2007 and 1933-1937.

in 1938 commodities bottomed, then went up about 400%. i think the bottom for commodities if it hasnt occurred will occur soon. and we can than see a historic rise.

as i have said here from 4/09-8/09 the 8.6yr cycle bottoms for gold so, the fall of 09 is my time frame fwiw

dharma

Market players don't seem to waste anytime selling for profit. Cash is still king. I would expect the US$ to hang around these levels all through December. Need a spark to upset the cash crowd even though the writing is on the wall for the dollar, it's live for today and the future is next week. No other place to hide, everything is to volatile.

Gold not making higher highs is worrisome. Miners still have some catching up to do.

Bought a mouse at overstock.com and a Sansa Clip player at Amazon, my contribution to the economy. That's all I really needed for now.

i know we dont discuss commodities here. however i was looking @some charts this am . and am struck by the similarity of 2001-2007 and 1933-1937.

in 1938 commodities bottomed, then went up about 400%. i think the bottom for commodities if it hasnt occurred will occur soon. and we can than see a historic rise.

as i have said here from 4/09-8/09 the 8.6yr cycle bottoms for gold so, the fall of 09 is my time frame fwiw

dharma

Your bottoming dates make sense to me. However we do not have to see a sharp rally first but I think it is likely. Sideways down would not surprise me at all. It appears as if the March tops were significant so it is not likely the entire move off the bottoms 1999-2001 were corrected in less than 1 year. I am continuing to baghold all longs.

I like KGC. Of course I like them all after the sell off, options that never expire as has been said many times before.

Since I retired last year I took all the money out of the extra legal pension plans of the American and English firms I worked for (I think you call that 401's ) I took full delivery and paid like 22% tax to make it mine and mine alone to do with whatever I wanted . I then split it over three banks and told them to leave me alone or I would leave them . I get 4.25% net intrest overnight and they leave me alone .

Just to say that I now got an investment portfolio of goldshares which is still 100% of what it was . So essentially I am fully invested and under water :unsure:

And I started another trading portfolio which now is 20% "invested in trading shares" but in the same seven shares I now start to get a feeling for . So essentially I am 120% long without margin and looking for buying opportunities

Of course I got a few goldcoins . :rolleyes:

Our news media is so perverted. Check this outside source out. Pravda

[Correction to the article: Electoral College meets on December 15th]

I was shocked when I read that the future first lady has commissioned one of the most expensive italian designers to make a diamond ring out of rhodium

Apparantly there is no american capable of making a pleasing diamond ring I guess

It is reported that the rhodium costs more then the diamonds

As a chemical engineer I only know rhodium from the table of Mendelyev and I have never seen it but I seem to remember it is used in bankvault steel

If this post is too political just delete and forget

Archived