The Second Coming

Hey, TJ, everyone makes a bad trade or misses a good one sometimes. Be happy-- grateful for the talent you've been given, and proud the hard work you do. Most folks invovled in the markets have lost 50% or more in the past year or so, while you overall have done fantastic. The "never good enough, never enough success" bug can make the most gifted people miserable, and what's the point of that?

Tru dat!

I just hate when I am about to make a move and I miss the "whoosh" by a day or two or three.

Nothing in trading is better than 30%, 50% or 600% in a couple of days and two mouse clicks.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tru dat!

I just hate when I am about to make a move and I miss the "whoosh" by a day or two or three.

Nothing in trading is better than 30%, 50% or 600% in a couple of days and two mouse clicks.

dont get me started on GBP/JPY short when i went short at 210 and closed in front of 200. I thaught it was a really good trade (i covered that trade here at IDS). Few days after i closed short position the REAL deleveraging began and all JPY pairs imploded. :(

As is typical for me, and has been throughout most of my investing career......I just missed a short-term windfall.

During trading last week I was going to make an effort this weekend to look for some gold stocks and gold MF's to buy next week.

During my cursory review this AM I see they all made 20-30+% jump on Friday......DAMN IT!!!!

Oh well, I'm still putting together a shopping list.

FWIW am already long SLW and some GG calls. Looking at AUY, GSS, PAAS, CDE, & SSRI - all mid tiers, all profitable bar SSRI, and all still 40%-60% below their Sep lows.

Apparently that's what investors and short sellers ( who drove today's rally no doubt) think of Mr. Geithner.

What do you think about option expiration? The Max pain is another 10% higher.

That's what I wrote back in Thursday:

http://yellowroad.wallstreetexaminer.com/blogs/?p=84

"Not my experience nor ?wisdom? suggest what will happen because of the major dislocation of all stocks and indices away from the ?max pain? point just onbe day away from the options expiration. Moday morning the lucky put holders will wake up with massive short positions in the books. But the shorts and puts are two different things. I suppose bears will prefer to close all shorts and reload puts. So if they do all at the same time it could be a mother of all short covering rallies. Don?t count this as a trading advice."

At 12:42PM EST the Dow was at about 7,700......and I wrote....

What happened after that?

big.chart?symb=djia&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=4&size=2&state=9&sid=1643&style=320&time=1&freq=9&nosettings=1&rand=8311&mocktick=1&rand=2234

Another "Predict-O-Ball " winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

I also predicted a huge rally, but back then, in Thursday, I thought it will happen Monday, not Friday. Anyway, I was fully positioned.

FWIW am already long SLW and some GG calls. Looking at AUY, GSS, PAAS, CDE, & SSRI - all mid tiers, all profitable bar SSRI, and all still 40%-60% below their Sep lows.

Thanks....some of those showing up on my "gaydar"....oops! I mean "radar" as well...

Bring on the ads.....

If my Google ad revenue trend is any indication, that company is in deep, deep trouble. Either that, or our readers are getting smarter about never clicking the ads! :blink:

As far as I know only one guy was signed up for Chubby Gay Bankers. :lol:

The bank of the week is a real one this week. :lol:

Citigroup May Get Government Rescue, Investors Say (Update1)

By Christine Harper and Bradley Keoun

Nov. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Citigroup Inc. will probably get rescued by the U.S. government after a crisis in confidence erased half its stock-market value in three days, investors and anal cysts said.

Citigroup has more than $2 trillion of assets, dwarfing companies such as American International Group Inc. that got U.S. support this year. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke may favor a rescue to avoid the chaotic aftermath of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.?s bankruptcy in September

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...refer=worldwide

I was listeneing to a podcast 2 days ago and the very smart guy said that Citi is leveraged only 14:1 (or 12:1, I don't remember).

Essentially Pandit already sold most bad assets. The deleveragings was devastating but the book is much better than anyone on this board think.

Archived