The Second Coming

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sure hope this chubby etc. crap blows over.....it is just a paSSing fad, right?

Wish there were some financial ads once in a while.

Seriously. I can't even screen-capture all the gay ads because you have to scroll down the page. But I had your screenshot ("Are You Gay?" -- although how perfect is the picture TJ posted for THAT ad??!) with this right above it:

post-160-1227354948_thumb.jpg

So, three right in a row. That's over the top, man. Now yer just PUSHIN' it, Google, youknowwhumsayin'?

"Look, Google, what you advertise in the privacy of your own bedroom is one thing, but don't shove it in my face in public. I'm sittin' heah, mindin' my's own bidness, tryin' to enjoy a nice dinna wit my family, and you struts in lookin' like Liberace on steroids. It ain't right! I tells ya'."

I move that from now on, the Capitalstool Text Pirate? should automatically change "Google" to "OMG! Gaygle!"

So when will the monitization start? That is the most basic question. Who will start it? The EU or Ben?

I think we should have a poll about monetization. If Doc or someone thinks it's worthwhile they can set it up.

I'll stipulate that the monetization will be directed at the real economy, not the financial sphere. Where wages and bills get paid.

Should we monetize to keep the real economy afloat?

Yes, for various reasons

No, the problems won't be too severe. Something like a bad recession

No, no matter how much suffering is entailed the price must be paid.

Or something like that.

Reluctantly I vote yes.

So when will the monitization start? That is the most basic question. Who will start it? The EU or Ben?

I think we should have a poll about monetization. If Doc or someone thinks it's worthwhile they can set it up.

I'll stipulate that the monetization will be directed at the real economy, not the financial sphere. Where wages and bills get paid.

Yes, for various reasons

Or something like that.

Reluctantly I vote yes.

According to keynesian economics Gubermint must invest in the real economy to avoid the depression spiral. Even just investing in digging and covering holes is enough to avoid a depression.

looks like some of these miners might be in for some upside:

Mish is on the gold hunt too, and so am I. I will probably use certain miners and mutual funds, I doubt I will go with GLD. I already have some SLV. Many have been on the hunt for "the next bubble".....my theory is that its gonna be the PM's.

Mish link, likes gold here<------

"The action in gold and the miners is very encouraging. The overall indices got hammered yesterday and gold did not follow. Nor did the gold miners. Hedge fund selling and leverage unwinding in gold may be complete or nearly complete.

....gold miners have a lot of catching up to do with the price of physical gold. Finally, gold itself is now free to rise in deflation given its true role as money, even as those in gold for the wrong reason (as an inflation hedge), bail."

FALL STREETS POLITE HAND CLAP

500 points for Geithner.

Short covering in the last hour of trade so they wouldn't be short in the after hours and over the weekend.

Probably all reversed monday.

I think a lot of traders will short the afternoon on monday (after the early morning ramp job).

Now google is running personals for fat women. I have to block each site individually by url after it appears. Google provides no way to block ads by category or keywords. Plus they provide no way to contact them and complain in a general sense. This is getting to be more trouble than its worth. Considering that the ad revenue from Google has collapsed over the past 8 months, I might just pull them altogether.

I have been posting this yield chart periodically, and find the breakdown in yields point quite interesting, thinking it indicated a serious mental shift by the large pools of money(?).

Taking that day as a landmark, and then the (at the time) seemingly important low of 10 Oct, and lastly this week; I put together a string of relative performance charts for the indicies(is that even a word?) and some market groups.

Rather than strafe this string, I put all that in a new post in LOB. Warning: For all the old browser users, or whatever the defect that destroys formatting is, there are multiple charts per post which may temporarily make your screen eight miles wide!

Relative Performance Post

post-14-1227365311_thumb.png

I have been posting this yield chart periodically, and find the breakdown in yields point quite interesting, thinking it indicated a serious mental shift by the large pools of money(?).

Taking that day as a landmark, and then the (at the time) seemingly important low of 10 Oct, and lastly this week; I put together a string of relative performance charts for the indicies(is that even a word?) and some market groups.

Rather than strafe this string, I put all that in a new post in LOB. Warning: For all the old browser users, or whatever the defect that destroys formatting is, there are multiple charts per post which may temporarily make your screen eight miles wide!

Relative Performance Post

thanks for that, so your interpretation is rally in the indicies ahead or lower prices?

looking at your charts on the indices seems to indicate 1-2 day reflex bounce and then resumption of the downtrend...

Yes, for various reasons

Or something like that.

Reluctantly I vote yes.

Got Gold? From old Richard Russell who is finally admitting the gold market has been manipulated.

If the bonds suspect that we are seeing the early death of fiat money (the dollar), then there's going to be hell to pay. There will also be a surge in interest rates as bonds are jettisoned. Therefore, watch gold. I happen to believe the gold has been manipulated by interests who wish to hide all signs of inflation.

http://ww1.dowtheoryletters.com/MembersOnl...st?OpenDocument

Archived