The Second Coming

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Asia down across the board. Zero catchup on Friday's US rally. My guess is that the Dow will open tomorrow down about 700 points.

I'll take the other side of that trade....but I'll give ya down no more than 250 in the first 90 minutes and then finishing up on the day by 200-400.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play here after 11:30AM as I'll be on my way to Colorado to see the girlfriend.

USA = Country full of self-absorbed friggin' whiny pussies....

Buiders Make Plea for Federal Aid - WSJ.com

The builders' lobby is ramping up its sales pitch for a $250 billion stimulus package called "Fix Housing First," arguing that financial markets won't recover until home prices stop falling.

For him to pair this time horizon with the term "inevitable," is hubris of a magnitude that used to provoke Greek gods to smiting......

It is very late for the M2M forum, maybe you will never read this, but I salute you, made me laugh out loud.... :lol: gotta love aa reference to the Greek gods like this....

Roxy, you had 2 magnificent posts this weekend:

to Trader Joe:

I know this guy. His stool went gold.

Poowell: It was a pic of Jimi Hendrix

To mdporter:

Your avatar is a major distraction whenever you post. Sometimes I read the words at the right side of the pic, sometimes I don't :-)

Thanks for great humor in addition to your fine financial insight!

USA = Country full of self-absorbed friggin' whiny pussies....

Buiders Make Plea for Federal Aid - WSJ.com

The builders' lobby is ramping up its sales pitch for a $250 billion stimulus package called "Fix Housing First," arguing that financial markets won't recover until home prices stop falling.

2/3 of people "own" their own homes -- i.e., rent them from the bank, with interest, plus take a speculative long position, for better or worse, in the trading value of the property, and bend over for annual tax reamings....this is smarter than renting, when house prices are going up

1/3 of people rent their homes from an "owner", just to live in, not as an "investment" , without taking a speculative long position in the trading value of the property......for them, the lower house prices go, the better the economy is....renting is smarter than "owning" when house prices are going down

as far as "financial markets" recovering, of course they mean stock prices, because gov't bond prices and precious metals prices have done quite well the last few years....again, for people who have not yet saved up $caSSh to dong stocks, the lower they go, the better the economy is

there is no financial crisis outside the world of long-only aSSet speculation....sadly most folks live in that world

there are other worlds, such as shorting bubblefraudscams, or not speculating at all, just producing for a living :blink:

Archived