1973 Redux

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

in defense of Professor Fisher, (but really to force a lesson back into what is left of the brain of your jickiss),

Fisher probably Believed Strongly in his positions or theories of price or value. It cost him more than it should have, for he forgot that some things Trump theories of price and Theories of Value:

1. First Sale is your Best Sale (thimk gold at 1001 just recently, to get the idea deep set).

2. Never Short a dull market. (thimk gold Right Now).

3. Doc said that there is NO SUCH THING AS DOVER SOLE IN A BEAR MARKET, YOOOO HOOO, FISHER if you had only Subscribed, instead of free riding and reading those Ads !!!!!!!!

your jickiss suffers from some of the same elements in re gold.

to your jickiss, gold "ought to be over $1,200 right now, tonight."

but, alas, etc.

your jickiss Knows, however, that the metal will soon enough zoommmmm wwwaaaaayyyyy up,

for the reason (s) stated so many times. Namely, there really is such a think as the Truth.

It is the only thing that can set you free on earth. Live by denial, die by denial.

BO is already staffing up with the kinds of people that really believe in lies and manipulations, the no substance spin people that think they can bs the World. your jickiss thinks that Russia and China, (for starters, you-all know the other places) are no longer the pushovers that the morons in Foggy Bottom believe them to be. When these same acted the role of the Pushovers in the 90s, it was for a REASON. They were, to your jickiss, better chartists and Ass - trologers than any in dc gave credit for.

by the by, your jickiss posted wayyy back that the target for the INDU was to derived as follows:

1 + 1 = 2

2 + 1 = 3

3 + 2 = 5

5 + 3 = 8

8 + 5 = 13

and it basically worked. hence, the INDU wants to return to probably INDU 3,000.

Can Weimar prevent this?

skip the ads jokes and write us you theory now, your jickiss wishes that you do as well as Fisher tried to do...

Acres of Diamonds will be DELIVERED TO YOUR ACCOUNTS from actions soon to be originated from within this very country, before the end.

Thimk!

jickiss!!!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted this on IDS. The 2x shorts are not a buy and hold. <_< z?s=FXP&t=1y&q=l&l=on&z=m&c=FXI&a=v&p=s
Now that's fugly!

While one isn't proof, it's nice to see a comparison for real. Most discussions here about these 2x funds have hinted that they had to perform worse than the math predicted. The next thing (for me at least) is to figure out the useful holding periods vs. volatility... After checking out a bunch more of these. Might be better to go back to being a prudent bear ;) once again. Or, what's the difference between a pig and a chicken?

Now that's fugly!

While one isn't proof, it's nice to see a comparison for real. Most discussions here about these 2x funds have hinted that they had to perform worse than the math predicted. The next thing (for me at least) is to figure out the useful holding periods vs. volatility... After checking out a bunch more of these. Might be better to go back to being a prudent bear ;) once again. Or, what's the difference between a pig and a chicken?

Here is another. The time frame is different. The 2xs don't do well when the market gets choppy, me thinks. :unsure:

z?s=SKF&t=3m&q=l&l=on&z=m&c=XLF&a=v&p=s

The root cause of the surge in home repossessions is the government?s ?failure to deal effectively with unaffordable loans and unnecessary foreclosures,? Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Chairman Sheila Bair said in testimony today to the House Financial Services Committee in Washington.

Umm... no it's not. People bought more debt than they could afford. See, I'm a genius! When does Obamalamadingdong pick me for HUD secretary?

hud.jpg

Just hoping this isn't the ex-Mrs mdporter. :unsure:

Housing Crisis: Walking the streets of San Jose to keep the family home

On any night of the week if you look hard enough on The Alameda, Santa Clara and Monterey Road, main streets of commerce in San Jose you might find Cindy*. Cindy, aged 40, is a prostitute: selling sexual services for as low as $30 depending on the demand.

***jump***

Cindy wasn?t always a prostitute. She was once a kindergarten supervisor, she had a stable relationship with a sales executive, a relationship that has bequeathed her with the apple of her eye, her five year old daughter, Monika Louise.

*** jump again***

?I took to the streets: kindergarten would never pay the bills and I had no other way of earning an income: my family isn?t close either?. ?I am not proud of what I do but I do it so my girl might never have to do anything like it: I live for her and I won?t put her through the renting nightmare and homelessness?.

Prostitution vs. renting... Yeah. I think 90% of women make that choice. Riiiiight... Suuuuuure... :huh:

http://www.allnewsweb.com/page10117.php

Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light to keep a McMansion. :blink:

amsterdam-girls-2.jpg

doc, not sure if you saw it but bill poole was on bloomberg's on the economy today and the clip is on the bloomberg homepage under editor's picks...he said he didn't necessairly disagree with the policy of keeping the effective funds rate below the target...but he said that the failure to announce this policy publicly is illegal...he said there is no way this has not been intentional...good to see him call out his old colleagues for stealth easing, although he didn't use the expression...

BIG NEWS!!!

Cheney, Gonzales indicted in South Texas county

Vice President Dick Cheney and former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales have been indicted on state charges involving federal prisons in a South Texas county that has been a source of bizarre legal and political battles under the outgoing prosecutor

Cheney is charged with engaging in an organized criminal activity related to the vice president's investment in the Vanguard Group, which holds financial interests in the private prison companies running the federal detention centers. It accuses Cheney of a conflict of interest and "at least misdemeanor assaults" on detainees because of his link to the prison companies

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081119/ap_on_...cheney_indicted

Interesting news from Across the Curve:

Meltdown

That is the word that one market participant used to describe the action in the CMBS market today.

CMBS Market Begins to Show Fissures

The market for debt used to finance hotels, offices and shopping malls tumbled Tuesday on worries that the long-feared rise in defaults for commercial mortgage-backed securities had begun, possibly ushering in the next phase of the financial crisis. anal cysts at Credit Suisse said two big commercial mortgages that had been packaged into securities in the past year were likely to default.

:unsure:

Here is another. The time frame is different. The 2xs don't do well when the market gets choppy, me thinks. :unsure:

z?s=SKF&t=3m&q=l&l=on&z=m&c=XLF&a=v&p=s

Not good.

Thanks. The proof's in the pudding.

Guess I've been lucky using these. I stopped using them when I noticed a 6% discrepancy (my loss) for two days. That was when they prohibited short selling. Fortunately, it was a small trade and mostly in the black, so the loss was for pennies. I think part of this loss is mismanagement (or a hands-off, formula policy) that doesn't manage option pricing.

When I was using bearx there was always a 1-2% tracking discrepancy on turns for a few days after a significant move, which I attributed to options pricing. It always corrected back to normal within a few days. I was able to use that a few times to pick a short term bottom. Had the closes in a spreadsheet, and looked for the 1-2% discrepancy after what looked like a one or two day turn. If the price was off I sold. One of the three successful tricks I ever learned. I think options were being priced too high, so the big money was selling into it, thus the reversal. That was then (2000-2). Today the market moves too fast to just track daily quotes.

By the way, the other two tricks are always fade the gold bug crowd (even though I'm one of them), and being paranoid of politicians pays. (You have to know when they're telling the truth.) Only had occassion to use those rules twice since 2003.

I went back to the one minute chart late today as it still seems the most well behaved and logical. In 3 trades today I fought 'em to a draw on the late day ramp. I was feeling that we'd get a turn to the upside. But we ended the day overbought in a downtrend, so I entered an order to short the 95 spy calls at 865 ($6 higher than the close at the higher of two of Doc's cycle projections), and lo and behold it didn't take long in the afterlife for it to fill. Feels like the same bearish action we've seen for weeks. Short's rush to cover into the close followed by a gap down. VIX looks to me like it wants 75.

post-2253-1227070876_thumb.png

Fleckenstien's Most Recent Rant-

This is going to be a very unpleasant period, I'm sorry to say. The outcome we are witnessing is exactly why, during both the stock mania and the housing mania, I was so vociferous in my criticism of Greenspan. He is the one man who continually meddled with the market and continually advocated that folks behave in an irresponsible way.

I find it outrageous that this buffoon is still making speeches (and commanding huge fees) when the entire country, and perhaps the world, is paying for his crimes against finance.

Trillions Down and Still Bailing

Archived