Market Needs Lithium

Not to be outdone, the IMF has started its own alphabet soup programs.

Who knew they already had their own Plunge Protection Team? The US has its ESF and the IMF also calls theirs the ESF (Exogenous Shocks Facility).

Today they published a Review of the Fund’s Financing Role in Member Countries that talks about revamping their FLI (Fund Lending Instruments) toolkit. The proposed programs include the SLF (Short-Term Liquidity Facility), PSI (pure signaling instrument), CPI (crisis-prevention instrument.), RAL (Rapid Access Line), FSL (Financial Stability Line), STLI (short-term liquidity instrument), and the "Q"F (“quiet” facility).

These new programs will supplement existing programs. The PRGF framework is still widely used and will remain central to the Fund’s engagement with its low-income members. Other existing programs include the DDO (Deferred Drawdown Option), SRF (Supplemental Reserve Facility), CFF (Compensatory Financing Facility), EFF (Extended Fund Facility), and the EIEIO (Okay, I made that last one up).

Unfortunately, the available fund resources have fallen nearly in half on a GDP basis since 1999, from nearly 4% to 2% today, and is declining rapidly.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck Mr. Hanky and G-ds speed

704956[/snapback]

Thanks...I will still be around.I probably won't do much trading,but once things stabilize I will get some good deals and IPO's from my buddy who is a top broker at a major firm.

I get first crack at at any new issues he gets his hands on.But I might have to wait quite a while before i see any action.The very earliest the spring I would guess.

As for the The rest of my cash,85% is staying in longer term CD's laddered to 1 to 7 years .(Yeah I am a big whimp).

KW et al

That is the exact reason we had been adding to our corporate exposure the last weeks/month - that is all we are hearing is asset allocation shifts from bonds into equities.

Could last couple days or awhile who knows.

704884[/snapback]

That reminds me of Trader Joe.

He said that he's moving money from matured bonds and getting larger exposure to equities. :mellow:

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

hats off to K-wave for putting up the Gold 920 key idea.

a look at the following chart convinced your jickiss that 920 Gold is going to be absolutely KEY.

704963[/snapback]

Gold should have a heap o' trouble between 800-825...

Above that and things might start to get interesting.....

Never posted there,But I like to read the posts when I'm bored :P

Some ineresting posts over there.....

I will just be a fly on the wall soon anyway,Once I finish liquidating my trading account,I won't be following the markets as much for awhile.Maybe I will stop stressin out so much :unsure:

704954[/snapback]

Check in and let us know what is going on in Vegas. :D

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

for sure,

in a few more daze they will not have to pretend to pretend that they can solve the derivatives problem.  in addition, add two more "issues" to the derivatives Problem; namely, Pakistan and Declining Production Profiles at 9% annual rates plus in the major Earl Fields of this planet.

meanwhile, anybody notice that gasoline is a vital commodity??????

HooHA!

With a fresh ten million, your jickiss would buy here DGP, FXC, GG, AUY, CDE, SLW, CEF, and

SU, which will still print $200 sooner than anybody thimks!  Million in each, save two million to short the Spooz at the next top.....who da thought that a Giant Second Chance would emerge so quickly???????

GG is dirtcheep, and here is a enhanced chart, augmented, if that is the world, by

your jickiss!!!!!!!  who is  faithfully holding Fast! 

da Money wants to pin the disaster.......HooHA!

704818[/snapback]

Nice augment. :D

I like SIL too. Nice giant double bottom and some of the better indicator formations amongst the toilers of things shiny and dull.

I bought a pile of trash this morning that hadn't yet responded to yesterday's boner, so they were still cheap this morning. Crap like NT at a buck, a Chinese phone company

...and more SIL. I think it's got a clear shot at $5.00 real quick....that would be an almost 500% gain should it occur.

I went on vacation last week. So I am out of the loop.

But it doesn't seem to me that much headway has been made against structural issues, especially with more campaigning going on than serious legislative hearings and/or plans after a decade of debauchery. This is like watching a kid's soccer game in a SARS zone, where supposedly one in 10 will get a 3M nose mask. A little ball kicking in a huge area of sickness.

Oh hey, up 9 percent today! (Goal) Oh hey, other team made a score again (down 42% or so annually). Oh hey, they kicked it into the carrytrade goal zone!, and then didn't and got a carrytrade penalty. Another sidelines call for over-leverage. And another penalty for the hedge funds on the leverage. Serious kick into the month end rebalancing due to the equity wipe out play where more effort is put into a losing team play for the so-called second half. And the happy VW short-squeeze temporary play that caused a little covering, but freaked out the other team.

Soccer mom and dads on the sidelines are betting more on the game via CDS, SIV's, ABM's, Swaps, etc. and much exotica. They actually spend more time betting on a multitude of "2 times" either team short/long (and the cost to transport kids to the game) than raising their children or teaching them how to properly play soccer or behave in life. Have they sized up their counterparties in the 2 times soccer sideline game?

I bought a pile of trash this morning that hadn't yet responded to yesterday's boner, so they were still cheap this morning. Crap like NT at a buck, a Chinese phone company

...and more SIL. I think it's got a clear shot at $5.00 real quick....that would be an almost 500% gain should it occur.

704970[/snapback]

What a pile of trash NT is.

Closed at $2.11 on Nov. 27th, 2006

Did a 10 for 1 reverse split and closed at $22.54 after split.

Now less than 2 years later the stock has lost another 95% of it value.

According to Yahoo, the CEO is making $2.56 million a year.

Seems fair to me. :blink: :blink: :blink:

What a pile of trash NT is.

Closed at $2.11 on Nov. 27th, 2006

Did a 10 for 1 reverse split and closed at $22.54 after split.

Now less than 2 years later the stock has lost another 95% of it value.

According to Yahoo, the CEO is making $2.56 million a year.

Seems fair to me. :blink:? :blink:? :blink:

704972[/snapback]

Well I said I bought some crap! :lol: :lol: :lol:

An adjusted all-time chart shows a high of $900 and a current low today at $1...yup...one dollah.

So I bought some. I can count on Canadian riverboaters hail-marying it for quite a bounce and arbed in the US.

Off the 2002 lows it bounced from $.25 cents to $10.

It closed up 10% today from where I bought it.

I may hold it until Christmas. :blink:

Under the big-ass clash the markets have had I have always considered that post-crash candidates MUST have been UGLY enough to get beaten the hardest, down to the $1 range. Not yet a penny stock but beaten hard.

I find that they give off the best percentage returns on any cyclical up-phase with staying power.

Beaten To A Buck is my mantra for my shopping list after a crash.

I couldn't think of two more hated schlocks in their own universe.

Archived