IDS World Markets Fri 17th October 08

Would it be a good idea to merge M2M into IDS and have a single daily thread?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When all those idiots that are paying a 70% premium to spot give it up, and refuse to pay hardly any premium at all, then it might be a good time to look at LT purchase.

As the hope on the slope diminishes, those premiums will come down....

701102[/snapback]

Definitely, wait until Central fund of Canada, the 50/50 au/ag bullion fund, trades at a discount to NAV. Meanwhile, it's a great money shaking tree. One waits until premium is 10-13%over nav , sell short, wait until they do a secondary share sale that is nondilutive to nav , premium drops to about 1%, cover, wash, rinse, repeat.

TJ,

Thanks for the advice. However, I am an old Vietnam Vet who was a point man in the Delta and behind the lines for 2 months in Cambodia. I am armed with a very nice dependable AK74 for just the reasons you mentioned. I also know a lot about asymetrical warfare since I was on the receiving end of it in 1969. I am old now but the lessons learned have not left me. I will protect my family and their future against anyone no matter who they are. My beliefs about the future are obviously different than a lot of folks on this board. But they are based on history of govs and central banks and what they have done in the past. Like Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun. What has been will be, what will be has already been done.

I have a LOT of bullion and yes, I think hyperinflation will hit sooner than later.

701112[/snapback]

IMO, the key is bullion. GLD are paper backed by gold supposedly held by a bankster. We all know the bankers won't do business with each, so why would I buy paper sold by a Bankster except for a quick trade, not quick enough in this case. Thanks for the heads up, KW. :D

Is that really fair to the gold stoolies? They use their forum to post charts and levels and charts about gold, kind of like this thread.

Having a bunch of people come over from here to debate whether gold is stupid or not would be kind of a derail.

Just making an observation.

701141[/snapback]

:huh: Someone can start a different thread on that board limited to that discussion if they want. It doesn't have to derail anything. It's possible to have multiple threads. There are moderators over there who know what to do. I don't get involved in that forum too much.

I've seen the "gold is money, no it's not" discussion disrupt the flow of a discussion here and on M2M before. It tends to become an irritating argument and take over the board. That's why I started a gold forum in the first place and that's why I prefer PM discussions to occur primarily on that board, other than discussion of particular trades, which are fine here.

I think the gold chart will tell us when that time is approaching. I still think it is at least a few years off yet, and that we could see Gold in the $500-600 range in the interim.

Any trading above $930 now, would probably signal that the wheels are about to come off the Buck........

701114[/snapback]

I would think if gold really starts up now, the wheels will be coming off the whole financial system, and real bullion may be as hard to come by as will be these.

As the Boys Scouts say "Be Prepared". : :D

M16_and_AK-47_length_comparison.png

:huh: Someone can start a different thread on that board limited to that discussion if they want. It doesn't have to derail anything. It's possible to have multiple threads. There are moderators over there who know what to do. I don't get involved in that forum too much.

I've seen the "gold is money, no it's not" discussion disrupt the flow of a discussion here and on M2M before. It tends to become an irritating argument and take over the board. That's why I started a gold forum in the first place and that's why I prefer PM discussions to occur primarily on that board, other than discussion of particular trades, which are fine here.

701146[/snapback]

They have their thread customs too, one thread per month. I am just suggesting that Look Out Below would also work and would be less disruptive.

I agree with you that the constant "goldbug" bashing is annoying on this board. I was not arguing to have yet another one sided gold argument where people point to charts of markets that never clear to prove a point.

What I am really saying is that sending people over to the gold stoolie reservation to argue whether gold is stupid or not is not respectful. I know that nobody is really going to go over there, they are just supposed to stop arguing here, but what if they did go over there?

Anyways you are the boss.

Archived