Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you think more you'll understand that you are wrong. There are very few dollars in existance, less than $1 trillion. And nobody hold them for more than few days of weeks, too short time to lose anything.

Warren Buffett is worth $40 bln or more. How many dollars he has? Maybe $1000. Maybe $2000. The rest is assets, which have nothing to do with dollars. Dollars are only used to count those assets.

You see where I'm going?

699359[/snapback]

I have more than that in a safe deposit box. :lol:

I have been blathering on now for weeks about Dow 7,800....

Just for the record I got filled on a large portion of the CEF's I am buying right or near the I/D low as the market opened on Friday (dumb luck on my part).....many of my fills were the LOD.....

In reviewing the indices this weekend I noted that at that point the Dow was in the 7,881 area.....the LOD for the Dow was 7,773.71

So what?!?!?! Exactly. Just sayin'.....for the record that is.

I'm ringing the bell.

DING!!!

big.chart?symb=djia&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=5&maval=50%2C%2B200&uf=0&lf=2&lf2=4&lf3=1024&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=1643&style=320&time=1&freq=9&nosettings=1&rand=5850&mocktick=1&rand=3054

Just for the record I got filled on a large portion of the CEF's I am buying right or near the I/D low as the market opened on Friday (dumb luck on my part).....many of my fills were the LOD.....

In reviewing the indices this weekend I noted that at that point the Dow was in the 7,881 area.....

So what?!?!?!? Exactly.? Just sayin'.....for the record that is.

Personally, I think you nailed it...next few days will tell more...

We may test it again or slightly lower, but methinks this panic just about over....for now...

In reviewing the indices this weekend I noted that at that point the Dow was in the 7,881 area.....the LOD for the Dow was 7,773.71

So what?!?!?!  Exactly.  Just sayin'.....for the record that is.

I'm ringing the bell.

DING!!!

big.chart?symb=djia&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=5&maval=50%2C%2B200&uf=0&lf=2&lf2=4&lf3=1024&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=1643&style=320&time=1&freq=9&nosettings=1&rand=5850&mocktick=1&rand=3054

699488[/snapback]

Great call about 7800, Trader Joe!

From Bloomberg: Europe Vows Bank Support, Bids to Stop Financial Rot

"I don't even want to imagine what might happen'' if the markets react negatively, Klaus-Peter Mueller, head of the German banking association, said earlier today in Washington before the blueprint was unveiled. The market response may be something "we haven't seen at any stage in our lifetimes.''
Truly!

If the market doesn't start to turn around here, we may be looking at Dow under 3000 by Halloween.

As far as I can tell, Germany's bailout may be as much as 400 billion euros. In the UK it's at least 450 billion pounds. Japan has pledged some of their trillion dollar reserves to the IMF for bailouts. I can account for a total world commitment of over $4us trillion so far, half coming from the US. Is that a lot?

on the stock boards and blogs i read, huge increase in number of people talking about and targeting the 1994-1995 levels on the DOW/SPX/OEX (including me)...i'd say the vast majority are now looking at this scenario...hmmm

the market may indeed go there but in its eternal skill at taking the most from as many as possible, it may first throw a bullish technical curve as greed supplants fear...perhaps a close above the 50WMA on the indicies? that certainly would change the sentiment picture markedly

I have been trying to guess what the effect on the ZomBie 30-year Trashury will be next week if we do bounce.

From the looks of this weekend's global backstop I think everyone's bonds should have a fairly equally dispersed effect, sort of lessening the potential impact on U.S. Treasuries alone.

Though I'm sure the regular rotation of bonds to schlocks will occur.

699466[/snapback]

ZB down a full point so far this evening. TNX poised for the move over 4% Doc has been calling for. The asshats at the U.S. Trashury mismanaged last week's note auctions so badly that there's probably no turning back now. Some folks in the dealer community are actually speculating that the auctions were deliberately botched in order to drive note holders out of "safe haven" Trashuries and into riskier debt. These are pros at primary dealers saying this, not tin foil hatters on the internut. Hanky Panky and his gang-that-can't-shoot-straight are beyond comprehension at this point. :blink: :blink: :blink:

At this juncture, and in typical herd mentality fashion, everyone is expecting the Dow to go lower.....what's the basis?......because it keeps going down.....

MSM

CNBS

All publications finance

Down, down, down!!!!

401k's are toast!!!!

What about your retirement?!!!

OMG!!!!

----------------------------------

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what will happen next?

My bet is the opposite of what everyone expects.

And once all the aforementioned start to blow the "all clear" and begin ranting "look, the government plan is working" crap......dump every long position you have and get ready for the MOTHER OF ALL CAPITULATION MARKET FAILURES......that will be THE buying opportunity of a lifetime.....

Archived