IDS World Markets Fri 3rd October 08

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

t?s=%5EAORD

More wallowing but so far the downside isn't as bad as the overnight action in Europe and US. All Ords -2.1% and again it's Miners, -4.8% and Materials -4.6% leading the market down followed by Energy -3.3%. There are four green sectors of which Healthcare +2.1% and Utilities +0.8% are showing the highest gains.

Steep losses for the miners and that includes the golds this time around: BHP -4.8%, RIO -5.1%, Newcrest -5.2%, Newmont -7.8% and Lihir -5.8%.

Oils getting a hard time: Woodside -3.2%, Santos -4.9% and Caltex -0.9%.

Well for me, it's about quality not quantity and I'm used to feeling 99.9% fantastic. The beta blocker made me depressed and gave me deafening tinnitus and the statin drug caused heart arrhythmia that drove me nuts. No way am I putting up with that. The heart attack was a walk in the park by comparison.

According to my research there's no guarantees that taking either of those drugs will save me from another heart attack. I am looking at alternative approaches including possible deficiencies I may have like coenzymeQ10 and Vitamin B12. What's the point of being alive and miserable? None, in my opinion.. :mellow:

w?s=%5EAORD

More meandering with a slightly bullish bias only in that we finished off the lows. All Ords closed -1.5%, Miners came up a touch, -3.7% as did Materials -3.4% and Energy -3%. There were three green sectors, Healthcare +2.2%, Utilities -1% and Consumer Staples +0.3%.

The big miners: BHP -4%, RIO -2.6% and the golds slid further: Newcrest -4.4%, Newmont -7% and Lihir -5.1%.

In the oils, Caltex nudged into the green, +0.4%, Woodside -2.9% and Santos -5%.

All fairly bearish in Asia, Honkers -2.1%, India -1.7% and Nikkers closed -1.9%.

On to UK/Europe:

t?s=%5EFTSE

t?s=^GDAXI

t?s=%5EFCHI

http://finance.yahoo.com/intlindices?e=europe

Well for me, it's about quality not quantity and I'm used to feeling 99.9% fantastic.? The beta blocker made me depressed and gave me deafening tinnitus and the statin drug caused heart arrhythmia that drove me nuts.?  No way am I putting up with that.? The heart attack was a walk in the park by comparison.?

According to my research there's no guarantees that taking either of those drugs will save me from another heart attack. I am looking at alternative approaches including possible deficiencies I may have like coenzymeQ10 and Vitamin B12.? What's the point of being alive and miserable?? None, in my opinion.. :mellow:

695528[/snapback]

glad to hear you're doing well. about the drugs--you're right. there are no guarantees in medicine--just statistics, damned statistics, and well-intentioned home remedies :P

seriously, long-term therapy with four classes of drugs (antiplatelet agents, beta blockers, statins, ACE-inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers) reduces your risk of another heart attack, as well as of stroke and peripheral arterial disease, for which you're also at high risk. of course there are no guarantees against future calamities, but it's favorable odds you want. you could always try lower doses of meds (better than none at all). also consider omega-3s instead of a statin, depending on your lipid profile.

in some cases, if a medication class is simply not tolerated, then you've little choice but to discontinue it. please talk to your doc about your options, since i just play one on tv. :lol:

and i won't even mention the puff-puffs. i'm sure your own doctor has harangued you enough. ;)

to get a road map for these times, i went thru the 2001-2002 SPX charts to find a set of candles homologous to this week's. there aren't any.

what impresses me about the current chart:

1) the slope of decline seems to be getting steeper.

2) the trendline underbelly of the last year is now broken.

unless we bounce hard, methinks the cowz are in for some serious pain.

post-5990-1223022117_thumb.jpg

post-5990-1223022136_thumb.jpgpost-5990-1223022153_thumb.jpg

also consider omega-3s instead of a statin, depending on your lipid profile.

and i won't even mention the puff-puffs. i'm sure your own doctor has harangued you enough.  ;)

695530[/snapback]

I'm working on the omega-3s to improve HDL/LDL ratio...being a vegetarian for 30 yrs probably hasn't helped as far as omega-3s go...overall my cholesterol isn't high in total but the LDL is higher than desirable.

As regards the cigars, yep got a cardiologist, a GP and a follow-up rehab person regularly on my case... :rolleyes:

in some cases, if a medication class is simply not tolerated, then you've little choice but to discontinue it. please talk to your doc about your options, since i just play one on tv. :lol:

695530[/snapback]

I'm no medico, but I've been on these types of medications for nearly 20 years and here is what I have learned.

1) Even within each class of drugs, there are different side effects and benefits for each type of drug. For example, all statins are not the same. Drug combinations and dosage levels can also have different effects on individuals.

Early on, I had nausea every morning on one combination of drugs. The cardio changed the dose of my statin and presto, the nausea went away.

You can find a set that is right for your metabolism/symptoms/problems, but only if you work with your cardio. Sometimes it can take up to 6 months to figure out if a particular drug is actually working for you.

2) Even when you do find the right combination for you, your body might well change and you could have to adjust drugs again. I've been on 3 different Beta-blockers over the years and am now on one that didn't exist 20 years ago. It now works like the other ones used to. BP and pulse are fine. You have to keep doing the routine BP tests and blood tests like clockwork. Relying on how you feel, "good" or "bad' is not enough. I ask my cardio every visit if there are any changes we should make to the meds.

3) As far as the CQ10, B complex and Omega3, just do it. That sure stuff won't kill you any faster and might just help. :o

Well for me, it's about quality not quantity and I'm used to feeling 99.9% fantastic.  The beta blocker made me depressed and gave me deafening tinnitus and the statin drug caused heart arrhythmia that drove me nuts.  No way am I putting up with that.  The heart attack was a walk in the park by comparison. 

According to my research there's no guarantees that taking either of those drugs will save me from another heart attack. I am looking at alternative approaches including possible deficiencies I may have like coenzymeQ10 and Vitamin B12.  What's the point of being alive and miserable?  None, in my opinion.. :mellow:

695528[/snapback]

In addition to CoQ10, you should look into L-Carnitine. Cayenne pepper also has some miraculous heart healing properties (you can buy this in supplement form) -- scientists have kept heart muscle alive (and actually growing) for years by feeding it nothing else but Cayenne. Garlic of course is the old standby and you should definitely add a good garlic supplement to your diet. Vitamin E, Alpha Lipolic Acid, and Hawthorne are all worth a look too.

Check on Amazon for a book called "L-Carnitine and the Heart"

Please note that I'm not giving you any specific medical advice. But after my dad had his second heart attack, I did months of research on natural cures. The things I've listed are all backed by very promising research, with very little or no side-effects.

Archived