Monthly Digger - October 2008

...speculation...blah blah

Heh, a long ways to go eh Charmin? Hoooold tight to dem shares .. and add add add as we test key lows. We aren't to the area where we'll get big HUI swings (down) .. I don't think 172 gets filled, as it's a breakaway to start wave 3. I just keep it in mind for worse-case scenario.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

provacative!

The COMEX gold & silver markets are each hurtling down a dangerous path toward default. The artificial paper price has created enormous physical demand, and hampered supply production, if not delivery. The gap between the JPMorgan-led corrupted phony paper price and the legitimate physical price in actual trading markets has grown sharply, enough to force a breakdown like in any distorted market. When December contracts in gold & silver are demanded to be satisfied via delivery of the metal, it will be clear that the COMEX is running a scam. A default is highly likely. Of course, they can continue to deny contract holders the right to benefit from delivery, as they have been doing for months to 'Non-Economic Customers' but soon the 'Commercial Customers' will be defrauded. Arrests are warranted. We will see how this corruption unfolds.

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/willie/willie103108.html

dharma

Here is a personal reply to one of our members:

Nice to hear from you.

I entered this bull so early that I am unbreakable. (can?t lose).

Thus easy to convey bravado.

I would advise great caution to newcomers though.

Only grenade jugglers out there.

The bulls are dropping right and left.

I guess the fork in the road will be the December comex.

Watch the rollover/delivery ratio.

People are whispering about delivery failure.

Every rumour in the last ten years hasn?t panned out.

So don?t hold your breath.

Grinch, like Linus, lays waiting in the great pumpkin-patch?.

Take care. Keep posting.

post-1744-1225479589.jpg

Grinch has recently been harping on the correlation between bullion prices and interest rates. ( they historically have peaked together. )

Dharma was kind enough to point out the simplistic nature of my view (not discounting other variables.)

So I re-thunk it.

It might not be interest rates.

It might be the differential number between rates and inflation.

The larger the anticipated spread…the more appealing the metal.

Rates are low now….but inflation has been strong. Big differential. Got us to 1000.

Gold did in fact, do its job. (Nadler from kitco said that).

In 1979-80., inflation finally started to recede before rates did. The spread was 0 or negative. No more need for gold.

If we are truly going into a Japan situation then rates will never rise.

But high inflation will give us that big differential that keeps this bull charging.

Hope I’m not the last, dopey, bag holder, reading my own posts next year. :lol:

Interesting - thanks!

Just FYI, as I was rooting around this morning, I came to find out gold bullion Eagle coins are legal tender, as described in the United States Code, Title 31, Section 5103.

Gold is money in coin form from the US mint, with a value equal to the stamped value. I did not know that.

I also did not know that silver coins and foreign gold coins are not legal tender.

So, if they ever tried to confiscate gold again, shouldn't it only apply to all non-US Eagle coins? They could confiscate all gold bars, foreign coins, and silver, since they are not legal tender (i.e. just a commodity). I would think they could not confiscate gold eagle coins since they are money. Legally, it would be theft.

Of course, they could confiscate whatever they want if its a matter of national security.

But technically, there is a difference here between a commodity and legal tender.

I edited that post to add some other things that happened in the 1960s to put the gold thing in perspective. Changes include getting off the bimetal standard, and eliminating gold as a reserve requirement for bank reserves. Those were done--as in done--from 1964 through 1970. The rest was just recognition.

I'll try to stay topical and current...

Confiscating legal tender would have no implications for the court, except for an equitable compensation in new fiat paper, so it's easier to take the eagles. But it would be much easier to nationalize Nevada and Fort Knox--more gold, less antagonizing the public. One thing we in the US take for granted that foreigners probably remember is the 8000 tons of gold in Fort Knox. Encumbered or not, it's easy to confiscate. And it probably does as much to keep confidence in our currency as our bombs.

There's a lot of rumbling about a new Bretton Woods. All the talk is coming from Europe, and places like China & Russia that have been moving that way and encouraging their citizens to hold gold. Want to point out that the Euro has a requirement for part of its currency reserves to be held as gold. It started as 15%, but I don't think the number is a hard requirement. The point is, these guys are not merely talking about a replacement for the USD, but they're also talking up their book. Or, if you prefer another take, the Euro was specifically designed with this scenario in mind.

• 1 year later...
Yeah, you can add CKG to that list. Don't be fooled by CKG, it was only me snappin up shares all day under the open down to $1.50!!! . . . think I own 2% of the company by now. sad.gif

Halloween? Scary faces? Not looking forward to it. . . blaaaah.

Instead looking forward to a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

G.M.

When did it trade at $1.50?

post-1352-1257225095_thumb.png

Stochastics Double Dip:

The "double dip" is good at picking up intermediate term bottoms.

The first dip occurs when daily Stochastics falls below 80. This is often wave "A".

The KEY is in the move thereafter.

Stochastics should rise above 20, but stay below 50. That warns of the second, bearish dip.

The "double dip" occurs when Stochastics falls below 20 again. As this is a "C" wave, it can stay below 20, dragging its bottom, for a while.

The "buy signal" occurs when Stochastics rises above 20 for a second time.

If we turn here, the minimum upside target should be 95.

October, 2008.

G.M.

Here's what I said on Friday, October 24, 2008.

Of course, as a trader, I'll change my position.

The day before the Monday lows.

I posted the chart for that day earlier in this thread.

And as far as your comments about explanations go, every chart I post normally has MACD and Stochastics and an interpretation of one or the other or an Elliott wave count.

Simply put, I believe that any fundamentals are graphically portrayed in the chart.

So I disavow fundamentals.

My reasons are expressed in purely technical terms.

Archived