IDS World Markets Mon 29th September 08

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How dangerous is this market? Not a single one of the 3 and 5 day cycle indicators I use foreshadowed the massive gap down we're going to get this morning. They were all solidly bullish at the close Friday.

Now, since the premarket indications do not break shport, may this is a buying opportunity for a scalp. Problem is in this market we are at the absolute mercy of the newsflow, and can only guess what the market's reaction will be to the developments.

It looks like the FDIC is now a major stockholder in Citi Corpe. :o

The FDIC has entered into a loss sharing arrangement on a pre-identified pool of loans. Under the agreement, Citigroup Inc. will absorb up to $42 billion of losses on a $312 billion pool of loans. The FDIC will absorb losses beyond that. Citigroup has granted the FDIC $12 billion in preferred stock and warrants to compensate the FDIC for bearing this risk.

http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/

It looks like the FDIC is now a major stockholder in Citi Corpe. :o

The FDIC has entered into a loss sharing arrangement on a pre-identified pool of loans. Under the agreement, Citigroup Inc. will absorb up to $42 billion of losses on a $312 billion pool of loans. The FDIC will absorb losses beyond that. Citigroup has granted the FDIC $12 billion in preferred stock and warrants to compensate the FDIC for bearing this risk.

http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/

693536[/snapback]

As I read the details on this in the major media reports I was left with the guess that we, the taxpayers, are left on the hook for net of about $50 billion of losses, and that takes into account the warrants and preferred. The Treasury will be raising more cash this week.

Regardless of what the US Cankerous does on the official bailout legislation, it's already happening, one bank at a time, sans legislative approval or overshite.

As I read the details on this in the major media reports I was left with the guess that we, the taxpayers, are left on the hook for net of about $50 billion of losses, and that takes into account the warrants and preferred. The Treasury will be raising more cash this week.

Regardless of what the US Cankerous does on the official bailout legislation, it's already happening, one bank at a time, sans legislative approval or overshite.

693537[/snapback]

Prince DillWeed needs to be made whole too.

Archived