The Great Spectacle

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea B4, up to my ears in XLNX. I put my trades out as I do them during the day on IDS. I've raised my equity over 40% since the 10th. Why don't you come by you would definitely have a good time there.

Guest BEARDRECH

BARE

Without being flippant would you please comment on Abe lincolns suspension of the Writ of Habeus Corpus and place it and W's speech on a scalo of 1 to 10 ==

beardrech :huh:

That is good for us but the question really is-where are the leaders, the Churchills, the Roosevelts, the Ike's this constant procession of narcisstic pinheads is foreclosing the futures of our children and Grandchildren-think about it! Trade safe!

The last thing we need is another Roosevelt. Remember, that guy signed Social Security into law, creating this country's largest welfare and transfer of wealth system. Because of him I've lost over $50,000 in earned income through confiscation, and because I'm 40 years away from "retirement" I'll never see any of that money again. Might as well set the money in my wallet on fire.

Shrub announced lots of new spending + tax cuts. Will the government ever actually cut spending in any area? Isn't 2 trillion $$'s enough?

I noticed that Shrub didn't say anything about jobs being sent offshore in droves. Guess that would be bad for the market. What a putz!

yadda, yadda, futures were down below fair value last night, fundamentals say we go down, yet TA said we would go up. I guess TA beat out gut feeling today. Oh well, I stick with TA, keeps emotions out of it. Everyone has their own system. I don't hold overnight, so I don't ladder or average up. That's why they call me the slinger. Looks like TA is agreeing with stoolies gut feelings tonight, though. Let's hope we are all right tomorrow. I just want to make money...

You guys are extra funny after a w babble.

Wish W would do this every night. We would get more joke material and W would self destruct in short order.

No idea what happens next but if Al does his babble and we sink, the market may get real dizzy from all the spinning.

Guest AssMaster
That is good for us but the question really is-where are the leaders, the Churchills, the Roosevelts, the Ike's this constant procession of narcisstic pinheads is foreclosing the futures of our children and Grandchildren-think about it!  Trade safe!

The last thing we need is another Roosevelt. Remember, that guy signed Social Security into law, creating this country's largest welfare and transfer of wealth system. Because of him I've lost over $50,000 in earned income through confiscation, and because I'm 40 years away from "retirement" I'll never see any of that money again. Might as well set the money in my wallet on fire.

Shrub announced lots of new spending + tax cuts. Will the government ever actually cut spending in any area? Isn't 2 trillion $$'s enough?

I noticed that Shrub didn't say anything about jobs being sent offshore in droves. Guess that would be bad for the market. What a putz!

And what about importing high tech workers when we have high tech unemployment at record levels? Why is the H1-B program not curtailed or eliminated? Hmm?

Guest BEARDRECH
That is good for us but the question really is-where are the leaders, the Churchills, the Roosevelts, the Ike's this constant procession of narcisstic pinheads is foreclosing the futures of our children and Grandchildren-think about it!  Trade safe!

mdporte

while i agree with much of what you say i must differ in some degree and in some respects-- and i thing our disagreements can best be illustrated by comparing a marble cake to a plain montonic sponge cake--

I am a member of the marblecake school of historical and economic analysis;reason being is that it prevents me from oversimplifying the extraordinarily comlicated asessments of human acts and actions--

for example when you say you've suffered a toatal economic loss from your contributions to soc security you forget that you were probably the indirect recipient of its benefits through your parents and perhaps some of your neighbors who weren't spared the rigors of the big d--

In no way am I making a case for the soc sec as an absolute good nor the opposite all i'm suggesting is that we understand a cardinal principle of whatever remnants of wisdom are left in the social sciences:No human act is merely determined ,but is ,rather overdetermined--that is tis non-linear just like a bear-brain should be--

Furthermore the seeds of our alleged destruction by our meddling in the middle east were planted,not by us,but rather by our so called cultural predecessors,our cultural superiors if you will,The Europeans. Their Imperialist colonization of africa,north and south,strangled the islamic culture at a period that might have ordinarily evolved into something similar to the liberal Abassid period if it were given a chance;instead they were thwarted and our unhappy destiny wass to become the worlds leader just at a time when their constituencies were becoming restless and in their way as others before them the revolution took on a religious(the only way open to them) fervor and saw us,anachronistically speaking as the oustanding villain in the piece of history we are now undergoing.

I cant go on any longer but i hope you get my drift--alll this said in the spirit of bearish liberty

beardrech :) :grin:

I don't know Slinger, I didn't get the feeling that others thought Monday night Tuesday was going to be a down day for the market. Didn't see it in the waves either. I expected Tuesday would be up. I held off a short on Monday afternoon realizing I would get a better deal on Tuesday and I did. I respect your closing out at the end of each day. It's not my game. I have done a little open to close at times but, I'm playing the big move usually as I am now. Thats why they call me Dung. :D

Is that why we heap praise on you, Dung? :D

BTW there's a little too much certainty and jubilation around these parts tonight. Scares me that we'll see a dramatic reversal up by morning. I'm as short as I've ever been. (Well, not in the sense of stature, but you know what I mean.)

Oh yeah: when I go to get the futures quotes here:

http://money.cnn.com/markets/morning_call/

I note that the little chart they have of the SPX futures is just fine, but the Nasdaq chart is frozen in time at its earlier evening spike.

That, my furry wing-ed cousin is because for the Naz, time is up. :wink2:

Seriously, if so, check out the CME Globex 10 min. Flash Quotes and match it against the fair value.

That is good for us but the question really is-where are the leaders, the Churchills, the Roosevelts, the Ike's this constant procession of narcisstic pinheads is foreclosing the futures of our children and Grandchildren-think about it! ?Trade safe!

And what about importing high tech workers when we have high tech unemployment at record levels? Why is the H1-B program not curtailed or eliminated? Hmm?

Indeed, I was about to go there too because I am in that industry and have seeen the devestation brought by the HB-1 people. It is one of the more destructive policies. It is also changing the demographics of silicon valley radically. additionally, many H1-B holders send a majority of their income back to their home countries, typically India.

The local congressional reps (all Democrats) just smile and nod their heads while the locals try to effect change, then lube up to administer another anal probing.

MachineHead, not only is their utter complacency and ignorance regarding the ongoing financial tragedy but this is perfectly mirrored in the publics general lack of concern for their dwindling personal freedoms, the popularity of the bush Junta, and the preprogrammed attack plans for Iraq. The whole thing is far,far out of control now. This is Empire building on a scale not seen since Hitler with much better public relations than anything Goebels could come up with. I will not be surprised to see this site shut down within 2 years sorry to say. Most consumer drones are interested only in the Super Bowl, the price of a gallon of gas and what day of the week is the 2 for 1 at McDonalds. A serious and lasting depression would change all that. The apathy would soon dissappear. For now the drones are dog trained to sit,obey and lap.

Archived