Monthly Digger - September 2008

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does everyone have that sinking feeling?

684972[/snapback]

No, I was looking forward to this. I expect to have more funds available for investment starting around now. And I'll be waiting patiently until I see the whites of their eyes. We know where this ends. Between here and there is for entertainment purposes only. B)

I'm like a coed naked wrestler in jello. Everything I like is on sale. :)

post-2047-1220371118.gif

I was repelled from here a while back due to someone's arrogance. But due to the low morale these days, I thought I'd post my projection for the miners.

The miners are a couple of weeks into a new 16-week cycle. Downside pressure will most likely prevail as the 14-month and 8-year cycles bottom towards the end of the year. The gold bull should resume by December at the latest.

post-1533-1220396636_thumb.jpg

"Gold Money's James Turk says he's seen it all before:

The present situation reminds me of August 1976, just weeks before the Democratic Convention confirmed Jimmy Carter as that party's presidential candidate. Gold slid down to $100 per ounce even as the inflation and economic outlooks were worsening. Gold looked dirt-cheap back then even though its price had risen three-fold from just a few years before.

"By the end of 1976, gold had climbed 32.3% from its August low. By the end of Carter's presidency four years later, gold climbed more than eight-fold. "

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/radi...9-33C69600330F}

HUI:

I am long and slightly into margin.

So I am not happy with this chart.

MACD hasn't thrown off any indication of positive divergence (though it need not do so in an abc correction).

Tuesday's possie D is not enough unless the market reverses. It was enough for me to add a small postion to GG and KGC which are both under water.

Stochastics appears to be rolling over.

A 2nd wave will often re-visit its prior support level. Note that Tuesday's intra-day lows took out August's lows on HUI. Thus, it can count as a 5 wave move.

Ugh!

post-1352-1220415764_thumb.jpg

Archived