Monthly Digger - August 2008

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3500 in total more LMC picked up at the $4.80 area I've mentioned many times.

08/26/2008 10:15:24 Bought 3000 LMC @ 4.7999

GRS through 8.6 (finally, sheesh). sell area is around $9.

edit: my new LMC target is $5.80. it should be without significant pullback (minor brief pullbacks = opp. to add). it too is a slow moving sloth but i've come to appreciate these stocks that are more predictable (easier to identify the setup) and can provide steady 5-15% gains without the soap opera risk. LMC provides plenty of diversification for my US doolars being a Canadian base-metals company w/ European operations (w/ a dash of DRC/Russia to spice it up).

Well, somebody showed up to buy some metals after a small break, but now looks like 830 area is providing some pigman stop sign.

The goldbug Tom Obrien believes we're building a floor in the metals, with a max gain up to 870 for resistance. It'll be months of cause building to test and retest that area above to get through.

UNG nat gas up over 6%

683604[/snapback]

Will someone tell ROYL that? A bit of RSI/price divergence in UNG. Looks like seasonally natural gas can bottom anytime here - could have a touch more to go but risk/reward for me is buy buy (after already being cut nearly in half and hurricane season).

The historic chart of natural gas reminds me of NGD, just noticed.

My best thought now is for gold to punch through 845 by the end of the week.

Obviously, the dollar would have to break lower from it's high retest and potential coming from crude and materials stocks to be supportive in the next three days.

Just a tad discouraged.

Actually, it would be nice to see today's low set as a pivot low - along with the fact that this minor pullback made a daily higher high on Dec. gold.

In that case it would be good to see daily's rise up to 845 again and better the 845 for a higher high on the weekly. The break from the 860 area on the weekly looks so ominous though for resistance.

Archived