IDS World Markets Mon 17th March 08

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last Tuesday's a$$blast, there were some folks talking about the boolish implications of a "4 sigma" move up based on historical analysis. Since normal distributions don't apply to fraudex prices, I'm never inclined to trade on forecasts that use this as an assumption. However, I always enjoyed LW's thoughtful reviews of historical market action, and I was reminded of how much I miss his contributions when the following table appeared in Ron Griess's ChartBlog over the weekend. It is reproduced here with permission; once again, I recommend his service to anyone who values an independent view of the price action in a wide array of markets.

post-3588-1205780925_thumb.jpg

The bulls will declare victory today, but anything less then across the board gains that take out a key intraday resistance level is meaningless. It's just a show put on for the benefit of the ticket buying public.

The bulls will declare victory today, but anything less then across the board gains that take out a key intraday resistance level is meaningless. It's just a show put on for the benefit of the ticket buying public.

652332[/snapback]

Well, I for one believe that the show blows and can't wait for the curtain come down on the whole enchilada.

3 day cycle buy signals strengthening in all 3 indexes but the spx is just now reaching the 5 day cycle MA at 1284.54. I think this is the real moment of truth. qqqq also key resistance at 42, with the 8 day cycle MA now at 42.07.

Screw the Dow. It's all drive for show. Now we put for dough.

Archived