IDS World Markets Mon 17th March 08

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Such a farce!

652331[/snapback]

They may very well be a farce, but they write the rules.

And as long as the market structure remains in place, they can do with the market pretty much what they want over a very short time basis.

In all likelihood, all laws, regulations and anything else that in the past made for a more level playing field has now been preempted. Certainly the SEC or the DOJ will not enforce anything.

Again as Robert Heller alluded to, the PPT would not work if the major market players needed cash or margin (unlike you or me or any mere mortals).

"Ms. South Carolina, can you explain the market action of American investors in the U.S. after the Bear Stears buy out?"

"I personally believe, that, U.S. Americans are doing so, because uh, some people out there in our nation out there don't have stocks and I believe people everywhere such as the NYSE and the commodity pit, such as... and I believe that they should bid our securities over here in the U.S. and should help institutional investors, or should help retail investors and should help the Iraq and the Asian speculators so we will be able to build up our future, for us."

Archived