Broken Beer Steins Scatter Wall Street

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they are all effed!  :lol:

monday morning will tell it. DAX right now directly at 6400, either it marks here a tripple bottom on the daily, which would be very strong sup afterwards, or it breaks down. I guess it breaks down, cause 6400 is technically a non-levle, there is nothing, no fibo, no important EMA, nothing.

Does someone really beleive that the FED goes full steam here to defend the 38 fibo, i mean the one from 2002 low in S&P which is at 1267? Never ever. They need their firepower to defend the 62 fibo or even when S&P tries to go below 1000.

I can imagine seeing just 2 weeks from now 1175 in S&P which is the 1175. I really can imagine that, what speaks against it?

651565[/snapback]

I agree with you. I am placing my money on the market going down into the beginning of April until they trot out the excuse that it is time for everyone to add IRA money before taxes are due on April 15.

With that said, I am a little apprehensive with end of quarter approaching this month.

Hey guys and gals....Been in hiding for a few months.Quit my job at wynn las vegas and have been working twice as many hours now but making nice bucks.

Many of you will think I'm insane but......I bought a forclosure here in north vegas and I close in about 12 more days.I need a home to live in and rental prices have been going throgh the roof.

The home was originally sold for 377k in 2005,Then sold for 454k in 2006.I just bought it from the bank for 250k.The home is 2819sf and has upgraded everything awesome views and even a 3 car garage....So I am buying for about $89 SF.

If i'm way wrong,the home can easily rent for 2k or so a month.

Homes that are priced right here are flying (mostly forclosures)....Looked at about 45-50 homes,all recieved anywhere from 5 to as many as 44 bids.Pending sales on forclosures have tripled in the last 45 days.There are 16 forclosed homes in my development,10 are under contact in the last 30 days.Anything not priced correctly will never sell and will eventually drop hard to more reasonable prices here.

I may be early but 130,000 new jobs here in the next 2 years.I am hoping the price I paid per square foot will be a decent place to buy.Demand should at least stabilize here in las vegas around the $80-$100 Sf level.

I have stayed away from the stock market and have stayed in my CD's I locked in last summer.Hope everyone is making money,it's too stressful to trade these days!

Here is a pic of the home and a pic of my backyard view of mount charleston.....

post-404-1205530283_thumb.jpg

post-404-1205530306_thumb.jpg

Hey guys and gals....Been in hiding for a few months.Quit my job at wynn las vegas and have been working twice as many hours now but making nice bucks.

Many of you will think I'm insane but......I bought a forclosure here in north vegas and I close in about 12 more days.I need a home to live in and rental prices have been going throgh the roof.

The home was originally sold for 377k in 2005,Then sold for 454k in 2006.I just bought it from the bank for 250k.The home is 2819sf and has upgraded everything awesome views and even a 3 car garage....So I am buying for about $89 SF.

If i'm way wrong,the home can easily rent for 2k or so a month.

Homes that are priced right here are flying (mostly forclosures)....Looked at about 45-50 homes,all recieved anywhere from 5 to as many as 44 bids.Pending sales on forclosures have tripled in the last 45 days.There are 16 forclosed homes in my development,10 are under contact in the last 30 days.Anything not priced correctly will never sell and will eventually drop hard to more reasonable prices here.

I may be early but 130,000 new jobs here in the next 2 years.I am hoping the price I paid per square foot will be a decent place to buy.Demand should at least stabilize here in las vegas around the $80-$100 Sf level.

I have stayed away from the stock market and have stayed in my CD's I locked in last summer.Hope everyone is making money,it's too stressful to trade these days!

Here is a pic of the home and a pic of my backyard view of mount charleston.....

651577[/snapback]

the house looks huge.

how do yo know those 130,000 new jobs Las Vegas in the next 2 years will pan out?

Since I got to this board I do not believe in any prediction/study/research done by anybody - nobody knows anything, it seems like they write what they want.

Nice, Mr hanky. First and foremost, it is your HOME. Goal was always to buy early and pay off for retirement. When we started counting our homes as investments we got a little crazy. Too illiquid to really count like it like you would savings, brokerage accounts, etc. We redid a Katrina house, who knows what it is "worth", never had it appraised. It's home with a lovely view of the gulf and marsh. Mississippi, not anywhere near the Big Easy

Congrads Mr. Hanky! That's funny, one of my best friends is a dealer at the Wynn there in Las Vegas. He's very tired of the trade and plans to quit within the year. At $89/sq-ft that is very reasonable...and it's YOUR HOME. I'm a little green with envy... :)

post-1110-1205537303.jpg

"We are facing a potential black hole for all financial markets,'' said Neil MacKinnon, chief economist at London-based hedge fund ECU Group, which manages $2 billion in assets. "This is being labeled as perhaps the worst financial and banking crisis since the Great Depression. While that sounds fairly apocalyptic, I think it is a realistic assessment of what is happening at the moment.''

The so- called TED spread increased to 1.58 percentage points today from 0.78 percentage point on Feb. 14. :o

The two-year note's yield fell 14 basis points, or 0.14 percentage point, to 1.48 percent. :o

Demand for the shortest-term government debt pushed the rate on three-month bills down to 1.17 percent, the lowest since June 2004. :o

Our "friends" on the other side of the pond are just lapping this story up.

I wonder how images like this resonate in Beijing and Riyadh? I mean how stupid do you have to be to keep lending billions to a country that allows this to happen to its citizens seven months before a national election? By this summer, it should painfully obvious that foreign creditors are going to be on the top of nearly every politician's hit list. And why not? These are the folks who provided the wherewithal to keep Wall Street's rip-off artists in business long after they would otherwise have imploded. How much longer before the mandarins in Asia and the oily ones in the GCC decide to cut their losses?

Archived