Monthly Digger - March 2008

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

re: Juniors... Whatever the technical or strategic trading reasons, it's still amazing to me that within these types of dynamic physical metals moves, and the mainstream media's in your face public PMs discussion environment, that the juniors as a class are STILL perfoming so poorly (some even negatively) when you compare their current prices to where they traded last year when physical was 50% lower than where it is now.

Junior miners must be the most undervalued equity play on the planet. Lots and lots of new holders HAD to have bought the juniors this past week, and those buyers got GREAT prices, all things considered. Will they now get shanked out of those buys from THESE levels ? I sure hope not (because many of us bought long ago at prices not that much lower then where we are today), but new players got in so easy without what appeared to be much shareprice demand sensitivity. I'm concerned and confused.

Alleluah and praise the lord of statistics

As of today my 12 months are filled for the 9 th time since 1999 with one inversion at 18 months

This means as far as I am concerned this is another short term top this time in march ( between today and the end of march)

I am still counting on the daily cause I want to sell some to be able to buy back some and I figured out the aprox date

Needless to say my selling will not based on this kind of statistics They just gave the be ready signal

My selling will be based on a combination of RSI long and RSI shorter and RSI short combined with either a volume blow off or a momentum blow off :D

Hadjin

Read Sinclair

Everybody is short the juniors and long the mayors

I have no doubt that is because it is the only way of buying a junior cheap paying with the shares of a mayor :lol:

the bradley turn is the 8th, i have looking @the 7th as a possible turn +- 3 trading days. bradley turns have worked well. the fed comes up and bernake has already said they will lower.

i have no doubt that the juniors will explode. i dont know when, but it will happen. sure its disappointing. but i am patient. @some point the majors will go shopping and when they do, folks will speculate on the juniors.

dharma

Todd... Congratulations, I'm obviously in the wrong ones.

When I run a performance comparison of Most Amex listed juniors against their respective ETFs of SLV and GLD for 1 year, I come up with the miners putting in much poorer performance. I know that there are a couple of exceptions, and that most Jrs produce both metals (though I tried to use miners with a predominate asset class), but I'm speaking of the more established or liquid Juniors; those that would likely be targets of retail investors.

Hadjin

Yes over one year many juniors are underperforming. I was commenting about the shorter term... specifically the past few weeks pointing out that perhaps the tide has turned a bit. How are your juniors doing during that period? Hopefully this is the beginning of something good and you will realize some great gains over the next few months to make up for the previous diffcult period.

Goldcorp:

A weathervane for the Indices.

We could see a small pullback in a tiny 4th wave over the next few days.

The horizontal lines are the usual fib retracement levels for wave iii from February 13th to the 28th.

Note the massive support at 39 - 40. Former resistance, gap support, maximum retracement level, wave iv of the prior impulse....etc. If it heads back to thst level, it's a gift.

There are still more 3's of 3's ahead.

post-1352-1204425573_thumb.jpg

Wave structure:

I've posted that in the big picture, we're in wave 5 of (I) up. Juniors outperform in wave 3's.

More particularly, we're in the early stages of 3 of 5 of (I). So some juniors will outperform.

At wave (III)'s, and particularly at 3 of (III), the juniors outperform and sentiment soars.

Right now, there's a credit crunch and fears of energy prices. The junior explorers and small producers are facing headwinds.

Until sentiment favours "wealth in the ground", stick with the seniors. Maybe next fall for the juniors.

I like ARU.TO. I don't own it but I convinced my investment club to take a position if it broke 8.20 up--primarily on the island created by the gaps and the clear reversal pattern into December.

I'm worried that this could be a "flat" correction, so if it hits $10.00 I'll want to re-assess it.

post-1352-1204429611_thumb.jpg

Archived