IDS World Markets 27th February 08

Not going to deny that the dollar is collapsing in real terms against a a forced yuan appreciation strategy.

Dollar Index is manipulated via EUR/USD. 

EUR/USD is a mini carry-trade pair, not on the scale of EUR-JPY, but certainly distorted.

647391[/snapback]

I bought some Swiss government bonds this morning, 1-2 years out. :unsure:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's say you have an 83 year old widder aunt. It's not exactly feasible for her to own the physical gold.  In that case what would you put her in, assuming of course that the timing was right.

647394[/snapback]

I would choose CEF

Very liquid.

Long history - decades

HELD outside of the USA in Canada

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/milhouse011806.html

Let's say you have an 83 year old widder aunt. It's not exactly feasible for her to own the physical gold.  In that case what would you put her in, assuming of course that the timing was right.

647394[/snapback]

How much and what is the time frame? :unsure:

Let's say you have an 83 year old widder aunt. It's not exactly feasible for her to own the physical gold. In that case what would you put her in, assuming of course that the timing was right.

647394[/snapback]

Why not? Just open a Goldmoney or bullionvault account. Fees are minimal. I have both for a number of years now.

Try Goldmoney.com or Bullionvault.com. Its physical, low fees and you can store it safely in Switzerland.

647388[/snapback]

you better read the contract.....that is not your gold. Bullion vault does not have to deliver the gold to you....Gold Money only will ship if you have 1000 ounces ...both programs are flawed....that is why I created a bullion fund that is meets the needs of individuals not the bullion dealers....

I have studied this in depth for over 2 years

I bought some Swiss government bonds this morning, 1-2 years out. :unsure:

647395[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw that on my blog.

Diversification, right?

I'm still beholden to the thesis that the United States economy is too large to not wreak havoc on the entire global financial system. The collapse in the real money supply used by the American consumer should cause a crash in the price of goods, services, and assets.

I think everything is in a bubble blow-off stage right now: gold, commodities, oil, foreign exchange.

What is the advantage of owning cef versus gld?

647381[/snapback]

I started with cef before gld and slv were available. I like the 50/50 split between gold and silver in cef. I have not bought any cef since gld and slv came out. I do not like the wasting aspect of gld and slv etfs. The prospooktus indicates to me that gld and slv sell off assets to pay expenses.

you better read the contract.....that is not your gold. Bullion vault does not have to deliver the gold to you....Gold Money only will ship if you have 1000 ounces ...both programs are flawed....that is why I created a  bullion fund that is meets the needs of individuals not the bullion dealers....

I have studied this in depth for over 2 years

647399[/snapback]

I have spoken to both James Turk (Goldmoney.com) and Paul Tustain (Bullionvault.com) and dont have any concerns about this. I don't forsee a situation where I need them to ship me physical metal. (Though it is possible to obtain the metal). When the time is right, i convert the metal to a currency of my choice and get it in the conventional wayie via bank wire.

Would you ever try timing shorts based on the liquidity outlook?

It seems that with over $100b needed between repos, trashury, and CMB's over the next 3 days, the mother of all vacuums is about start sucking.

647389[/snapback]

No, not on the liquidity picture alone, but if the technicals lined up, I would move aggressively and with confidence that all the ducks were in a row.

I would generally never short into a Fed pumping binge. It's pretty much suicidal.

Yeah, I saw that on my blog.

Diversification, right?

I'm still beholden to the thesis that the United States economy is too large to not wreak havoc on the entire global financial system.  The collapse in the real money supply used by the American consumer should cause a crash in the price of goods, services, and assets.

I think everything is in a bubble blow-off stage right now: gold, commodities, oil, foreign exchange.

647400[/snapback]

How does one protect their savings? :unsure:

How much and what is the time frame? :unsure:

647397[/snapback]

I don't know. It's just a concern I have about what to hold in a worst case scenario.

I am beginning to become concerned that the time is coming when T-bills will not be as safe an investment as we think they are. At that point, I don't know what the alternatives would be. It would probably be the end of life in the US as we know it.

It's just that the rate at which US Gov finances are collapsing and the rate at which cash is flowing into T-bills, is beginning to concern me greatly. This is not rational behavior. It is bubble like panic behavior.

Archived