Monthly Digger - February 2008

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got your buying lists going?

Long GDX at 46.60? (and short the major indices as of yesterday).

642822[/snapback]

Praying my new money is in the account tomorrow...could be another day/2 tho. The already cheap are getting downright ridiculous.

edit: okay, was happy to see SMC below where I sold some trading shares at 1.73, was feeling somewhat vindicated for selling too early and looking forward to buying them back...then she bungees at the end of the day to 1.80 to close up .03...wtf. :) despite some of the blowups, my account is slightly green on the day, nice.

Guys (I assume, .. ;)),

Appreciate the warm welcome, thanks, ..

Anyone care to critique my current allocation?

GLD ~30%, SLV ~30%, GDX ~30%, OZN 4%, CDY ~3%, MPET ~3% (don't ask, .. :blink:), no margin.

.. 401K (self managed portion) ~90% GAMCO (GOLDX)

Rotation from physical ETFs to miners? GDX to juniors?

Expect a fresh cash infusion tomorrow.

.. Watching hourly divergences. Looking to deploy on select juniors during this downdraft.

Cheers,

Joe6

Guys (I assume, ..? ;)),

Appreciate the warm welcome, thanks, ..

Anyone care to critique my current allocation?

GLD ~30%, SLV ~30%, GDX ~30%, OZN 4%, CDY ~3%, MPET ~3% (don't ask, .. :blink:), no margin.

? ? .. 401K (self managed portion) ~90% GAMCO (GOLDX)

Rotation from physical ETFs to miners? GDX to juniors?

Expect a fresh cash infusion tomorrow.

? ? .. Watching hourly divergences. Looking to deploy on select juniors during this downdraft.

Cheers,

Joe6

642949[/snapback]

I'd allocate some to physical if you haven't. I've gone to roughly 30% physical / 70% shares. The physical has done quite a bit better than the shares lately. Although I expect their relative performance to shift as we progress, it's nice to have something that is real and not paper and can't disappear with a keystroke. And you just never know when you may need to slip over some cold northern border in the middle of the night with shiny yellow things sewn into your coat lining. The down side is the 28% tax on gains, but you already have that with GLD and SLV. I'd hold some more in juniors, too. But that's just me and I don't plan to need to be making withdrawals for decades. B)

Hey CG, or PG, or whatever......

Hope it's all behind us.

Your gracious comments indicate that it is ----and i'm glad for that.

Gotta hand it to you and G.M.

You're both real men and a credit to all of us who post here.

Oh, and by the way. Great charts.

I must not be drawing my charts correct, because I draw 420 as the lower trendline, not 412 - to coincide with 172 final XAU supprt, and 325 on the TSX gold index.

Trying to re-acquire my G.TO positions and half back....looking for my second half.

Then re-aquire GSS. Then AZK.

Perhaps ABX or KGC, but both are just too rich for my blood at the moment.

Archived