• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOLD:

Targets for wave 4 (cont'd)

link:

http://www.elliott-wave-theory.com/elliott3.html#channeling

4. Channeling :: top ::

Channeling is an important tool not only to determine which sub waves belong together, but also to project targets for the next wave up.

Channels are parallel lines, which more or less contain the complete price movement of a wave.

Waves of the same degree can be recognized by drawing channels. Especially this is the case for Impulse (5) wave structures, Zigzags and Triangles. If these waves do not equate properly, you have a strong indication to search for an alternative count.

Next you will learn how to draw channels and how to project targets using channels.

Targets for wave 4

As soon as wave 3 is finished you can draw a channel by connecting the end of wave 1 and wave 3 with a trend line and drawing a parallel line from the end of wave 2. In this way you can project a target for wave 4. Keep in mind that normally the base line from wave 2 will be broken slightly by the price action of wave 4. The base line serves as a minimum target for wave 4. If wave 4 doesn?t come near the base line at all, this is a sign of a very strong trend. You are probably still in wave 3 or you should get ready for a blow off in wave 5.

post-1352-1196742126.gif

since the initial down wave, the market is making 3 wave moves. i am starting to think it is forming a triangle, in which case the low of 773 may not be violated. if this is the case we could finish this correction late this week. in either case it doesnt really matter to me, as i am an investor in this sector and the next significant move is up. the sentiment has gotten very bearish, to the point where gs has given gold the axe in 08. you gotta love their timing.

if it turns out that the zig zag scenerio is the correct analysis than i am looking for 764. by the 11th we should start the next up move. time is running out here.

dharma

AU:

Doc spotted this one in the WSE. He didn't recommend it as a long, but merely noted it.

It looks like a good scalp. A small bear flag in a 4th wave position filling a gap.

Keep this in mind with HL and MFN. The stocks that are showing maximum strength here will be the darlings once this correction ends. They'll be the leaders.

post-1352-1196828011_thumb.jpg

Archived